Agnostic.com

2 4

LINK Protesters 'shot dead' in Lagos, Nigeria

"A number of people taking part in a protest against police brutality have reportedly been shot dead or wounded in Nigeria's biggest city, Lagos."

Received a text from a Nigerian friend last night (no, not a Nigerian prince) who's living in the US. "Nigeria is bleeding" is all he said. When I asked about the safety of his family that still lives there, his response was this: "No one is really ever safe in that country but yes, family is safe."

Oddly, I went to bed simply thankful that our police aren't firing live rounds at our protesters, and at the same time lamenting the fact that it is something to be thankful for at all. Sigh.

Amzungu 8 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The USA is bleeding also. In Charlottesville Virginia a White Supremist drove through a crowd of protesters killing an innocent woman. The POTUS used our military to clear protesters just to take a picture with a Bible in front of a church.
I'd bet that entire incident in Nigeria took less time than the 8 minutes and 46 seconds it took to murder George Floyd.
Please vote people! 😥😥

Unity Level 7 Oct 22, 2020

Well said.

@Amzungu Already done!

DAMMIT!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:545403
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.