Agnostic.com

3 4

I made this Vegan BBQ Tofu Bowl for dinner today 😊 Steamed brown rice; steamed broccoli; baked tofu and pineapple, cucumber; topped off with vegan bbq sauce. Turned out DELICIOUS! πŸ‘πŸ½

Health is wealth

GoodMan 7 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wow, that looks yummy! You chose such an unusual combination of foods in your bowl. Share more recipes like this. I try to cook a variety of dishes from plant-based foods. But most of the time I eat vegetable salads. I have also started adding tofu to almost every dish. It's so good and tasty! I get as much essential protein from tofu as one can get from meat. Have you tried frying it? If not, be sure to try. I ordered a tofu press at [amazon.com.au] Thanks to it, I can drain tofu in only 15 minutes.

Many of the recipes are available on Pinterest. Is this an affiliate link?

delicious

Steamed brown rice? How is that accomplished? Brown rice requires 40 minutes to cook, simmering... Steaming it would require ... What... ? Hours? Please enlighten me... ☺

Interesting

You rinse the brown rice and boil it for 25/30 minutes, then take it out and drain it immediately returning it to the pot with a lid, no heat. The steaming hot rice will continue to finish cooking on it's own. 10 minutes or so perfect "steamed" brown rice.

Thanks @barjoe you explained it perfectly to @Cutiebeauty! Sorry, I was just leaving the site for the evening yesterday. The meal came out better than I anticipated. I'm just a novice @Cutiebeauty. If you have any recipes or suggestions, feel free to send them my way.

@GoodMan I cook my rice the same way, but I haven't heard it referred to as steamed rice ☺

@Cutiebeauty honestly I didn’t know it was referred to as steamed rice either. A friend told mentioned that because I don’t cook it on the stove, and use a rice cooker, its steamed; but as I said, I’m just a novice, and am really not familiar with the proper terminology 😁

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:545624
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.