Agnostic.com

12 3

Lotsa talk about God/not God. Folk been ruminating loooong time bout this,,, guess they got summin but maybe like the fossil footprint outside the cave entrance they thought was God was just a big leaf that looked like god. All comes from someplace like India some sort of balance universe balance. Can God be not real yet real,,, yea get real...

MikeSmith 3 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dear @MikeSmith, have you taken your meds today?

First you have to prove a god is real. That requires objective evidence.

Huh?

I don't get it. I no longer wonder or worry about this. Sorry.

Deist and Theist explanations come from the infancy of our species when we didn’t know (how could we?) what we now know, largely thanks to science.
We didn’t know about germ theory, or that we lived on a cooling planet with giant fissures in its crust causing earthquakes etc.
Additionally, we are but pattern-seeking mammals that prefer a poor theory over no theory at all.
Unfortunately some people are still stuck with accepting the first and worst explanations for our situation. This has left us with “lotsa talk” about it still.

Mvtt Level 7 Oct 21, 2020

Yeah.... was that English? Can someone translate I didn't understand a damn bit of that lol

Stream of semi-consciousness?

@p-nullifidian sub-par, semi-consciousness even.

Gods are the invention of human feeble minds.

I wouldn't say feeble, but rather ignorant. They did not have the scientific knowledge we now have.

What is surprising, and disheartening, is the hold that gods and religion still have on people.

doesnt mean that the Big Bang was not created though right; there might very well be a Creator that we cannot prove the existence of, Who does not require obsequious worship

@Joanne gods, religions, feeble, ignorant, potatoe potato.

I can see you are about to "roll your own" on a lot of levels.

You have an inflated romantic view of India. How can I help you help yourself?

God evolved with human hubris.
The older the God the more mortal they seem.
To get an “All powerful God” took time and a growing sense of relative invulnerability in the minds of men.
When great beast might prey on you and the climate was harsher you couldn’t be sure if your next hunt would be your last.
Hurn the Hunter was good enough for Celts living in Britannia. He could fend for himself, that was his God power, and being immortal.
Then they started taking on cosmic consequences like the convoluted associations of the River Nile and seasons with Osiris.
The Hebrew God started off as a volcano God.
He mutated as culture changed into something akin to a Cosmic Consciousness reflecting how smug we are when we compare ourselves to our Bronze Age ancestors.
It’s all truly organic, very great apish.

Isaiah 19:25 The LORD Almighty will bless them, saying, "Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance."

Blessed be Egypt my people,

Osiris, The First Messiah: Was Jesus The “Second Coming” Of Egypt’s Christ? [richardcassaro.com]

Osiris was widely worshipped until the decline of ancient Egyptian religion during the rise of Christianity in the Roman Empire. Wikipedia

Such great responses, feel as if I fell into a den of intelligence, scary, nice picture,

Maybe try the archeology discussion group for cave God foot print discussion.

Word Level 8 Oct 21, 2020

Lost me on your verbiage.
Come back and interpret it for us.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:545626
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.