Agnostic.com

3 3

C19 causes diabetes. Are you a diabetic?

Shocking new Russian data reveals diabetics are TEN TIMES more likely to catch Covid-19, with sharply increased mortality rates [rt.com]

"Dr. Robert Eckel, president of medicine and science at the American Diabetes Association, thinks that coronavirus could be causing “an entirely new form of diabetes.”"

FrayedBear 9 Oct 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm type 2 diabetic with a 7.1 reading and I take the meds and eat and drink whatever in the hell I want. I do not prick my finger or have some device glued on me so I can look at my phone every 5 seconds either. Someday I might regret not being paranoid about it, but this is how I am for now.

The Russian study says diabetics are ten times more susceptible to getting Covid-19. I'm skeptical about those numbers but they would be immunocompromised. It also says they will have a very high mortality rate which I firmly believe.

I wonder why other countries haven't reported this?
I note that the USA incidence of diabetes is 10.8 whereas Russia is 6.1! Diabetes prevalence (% of population ages 20 to 79) - Country Ranking
Definition: Diabetes prevalence refers to the percentage of people ages 20-79 who have type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
[indexmundi.com]

@FrayedBear It's not been peer-reviewed It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice. This was reported in New England Journal of Medicine back in June. [nejm.org]

@barjoe I noticed that it is claimed that there are another 88 million Americans who are prediabetic. Add that to the numbers alrey diseased & you are talking about ⅓ of the US population.

@FrayedBear Type 2 Diabetes is due by fast food industry. It's also big business. People are overweight, that what they call pre diabetes. I guarantee you Trump's sugar level is over 100.

@barjoe Lack of exercise is a primary driver. It's not called the silent disease for nothing. Pre diabetic isn't just a case of being fat - there are skinny ones also. Lack of sleep & stress are also significantly resulting in diabetics.

I have diabetes -- as well as heart disease and COPD, and am 83 years old, I am taking NO chances.

Stay safe.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:546258
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.