Agnostic.com

1 1

Nearly 1,000 Homeless People Died in LA in 2020 as 93,000 Homes Sit Vacant

{Tents belonging to homeless veterans stand at the VA West Los Angeles Healthcare Campus Japanese Garden on September 24, 2020, in Los Angeles, California.}

This isn't supporting the troops, it's punishing them. If you want to support the troops, dissent from the perpetual warring agenda created to benefit the ruling class!

[truthout.org]

This is a good time to repost a Abby Martin interview with Nithya Raman. The effects of this virus are going exacerbate the issues discussed in this interview. At one point in this interview you'll get the very sense of how local politics are no different from national politics when it comes to how the local big players use the system against us with the compliance of local politicians, just as the corporate ruling class use our national representatives compliance. It comes at us from all arenas, local, state, to national. The playgrounds just change in size, the size of the players change, sometimes eventually becoming the politician.

Nithya Raman is currently attempting a run for LA City Council. [nithyaforthecity.com]
!Get out and support her LA!

Homelessness Can Be Eradicated - Fight Big Real Estate with Nithya Raman

Abby Martin meets with Nithya Raman, progressive candidate for LA City Council in District 4, about her campaign to end homelessness in the nation's epicenter and how local politicians refuse to take easy actions to eradicate the phenomenon–but refuse to in the interests of big real estate developers.

"Out Of The Illusion " Group

William_Mary 8 Oct 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In comparison the C19 pandemic has been good for the street homeless in much of Australia. In S. Australia -
[abc.net.au]
And prior to the pandemic in NSW an international treaty signed to eradicate homelessness by 2025 has since August 2019 seen the following action:
[abc.net.au]

Interestingly during the Great Depression a homeless city grew up opposite Newcastle on the other side of the Hunter River.

I noticed in both articles there is a call to legislate and create a new Human Right - the right to be housed.

For quite a while now I have stated that the strength of any country comes from its people. That strength can only occur through supplying the basic needs for life - one being a safe place to shelter self and family in order to contribute back to the country.

I have noticed that despite American interference in its operating Venezuela is reported to have recently built 3 million new homes to shelter its citizens.

Perhaps if America spent all of the money that it currently does by interfering in the lives of not only Venezuelans but Syrians, Iranians, Chinese et al it would be able to not only house its vets but also remove the need to create more!

Venezuela reached that mark late last year. And are moving towards a 5 million mark. [venezuelanalysis.com]
[mintpressnews.com]

@William_Mary Excellent articles supporting with many words what I said in a few! Thanks for your research - sometimes I know something is bleedingly obvious & do do not bother researching for proof. For 40 years I have watched the corruption of a country's citizen's thoughts on what housing represents for its citizens replacing family secutity with sham worthless greed.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:546384
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.