Agnostic.com

7 7

LINK US Election 2020: Inside the Pennsylvania church where they pray next to their AR-15 rifles | US News | Sky News

At the World Peace and Unification Sanctuary Church, those in attendance call their guns "religious accoutrements".

snytiger6 9 Oct 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Here's the problem, as I see it; real right-wing militias are preparing real arms and ammunition to fight against an imaginary left-wing revolution. And in the process, some of them are plotting a preemptive counterrevolution, before the imaginary revolution has a chance to kick into gear real good.

This is how the Civil War started. The Southern states were so convinced that Lincoln was going to act against them, that they decided to preemptively act and leave the Union. And then a hothead fired on Ft. Sumter, and it was all over bar the 618,222 deaths.

I see this exactly as you said and Trump, Bannon, and others are hoping that it will really happen. Those that are riding along with it have been convinced already or they want a position of power in the new government. I say again that books have been written on the "Deep State." In an interview Bannon admitted that he and Trump made up that term. People seem to want to believe anything.

"Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." I don't see what the problem is. 🙂

Let them pray next to their sissy rifles. Ive got bigger ones and don't feel the need to carry them everywhere. They're a low caliber binkie to those people.

Need a facepalm emoji for this reply....

@Paul4747 Better still would be an emoji that would indicate that a post did not convey any useful information. Despite being anti-religion, I do not have a problem with people being armed...especially in light of the fact that there have been attacks on people while in church (note that unlike in the U.S., ALL synagogues in Europe have armed guards now). In short, ALL people have the right of self defense...even the religious ones. Please, if you choose to respond, actually make your case instead of posting an emoji.
[wsj.com]

@dahermit Nobody is attacking Christians in churches in America. These people are arming themselves to attack a nonexistent left-wing uprising. They are, in fact, the threat.

And my facepalm was over the "mine is bigger".

@Paul4747 don't like it feel free to block me.

@redhog I haven't re-blocked Trajan61 yet, why you?

@Paul4747 You obviously have your head up your ass...a position which effectively interferes with watching the news on TV. For God's sake, at least do an internet search before makeing such an ignorant statement. [christianitytoday.com]
"An estimated 617 worshipers have been killed in violent incidents in the US since 1999, and the number of attacks at houses of worship has risen almost every year, according to data from the Faith-Based Security Network (FBSN)."

@Paul4747 so youre just a guy who adds nothing to conversations outside of jerky comments. Noted.

@dahermit I beg your pardon, I should have said "Nobody is attacking WHITE Christian churches in America." The vast majority of attacks target either Black churches or mosques.

And certainly nobody, including the Democratic Party, is plotting a systematic war against them, which is what these bozos are planning for.

@redhog What comes around goes around. I commented upon your useless comment. You are free to block me, should you not like it.

My contribution is above in the thread, by the way.

He asks and shall receive. Dont have time for moron trolls.

"@Paul4747 I beg your pardon, I should have said "Nobody is attacking WHITE Christian churches in America." The vast majority of attacks target either Black churches or mosques."
Wrong again: [reuters.com]

"And certainly nobody, including the Democratic Party, is plotting a systematic war against them, which is what these bozos are planning for." In as much as you have not attended any of the churches that have been attacked, you cannot with any authority state that their reason for arming is NOT for anticipated attacks by OTHER than anticipated RANDOM attacks.

Can these nutcases even spell accoutrements?

Holy Shit

Reverend Moon. Moonies. Korean based church, also the source of South Korean superspreader event. This church also has connections to media, Washington Times and Newsweek in case you've seen some weird stuff coming from them. Lots of disreputable news sources with reputable sounding names.

Those idiots have been around for a while.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:546408
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.