Agnostic.com

6 3

If Amy Barrett were an honorable woman and fit to be a Supreme Court justice, she would decline the nomination and say Trump can nominate her after the election. If members of the Senate were honorable people, they would delay voting on her confirmation until after the election. That they are such open hypocrites as to say Obama could not appoint a justice a year before an election then let Trump appoint Barrett during an election (many have already voted) boggles the mind!

Bobbie63 6 Oct 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think Supreme Court nominees ought be required to pass a 500 question test on Constitutional Law. And those 500 questions would be the hardest, meanest, toughest questions that legal scholars can come up with. And they must pass with a score of eighty-five percent or better. I think that would eliminate the political appointees, and improve the competency of the Court.

The rush is precisely because they expect Trump to lose. They have to act now before he's a lame duck and has a thin veneer of plausibility to claim the right to make the nomination; even though it means reversing all their arguments from 4 years ago.

How many years did it take you to realize that the Repubs in congress quit acting honorably as a party decades ago? That's like expecting snakes to not bite..

They are dishonorable - period

If they lose the presidency, and both houses of congress, they have no right attempting to speak for the people of this nation. If they do - the next president and congress are morally free to do whatever they deem necessary to remedy it - exclamation

Varn Level 8 Oct 25, 2020

They’re striking while they can because it was always their desire to fulfill their misogynistic agenda of depriving women of their rights, regardless of the cost.
They’re willing to give up the Senate and the White House and any shot at the House of Representatives apparently because that’s exactly what they’ll lose to get this, and I doubt they’ve considered the fact that we can impeach a judge if we must. We never have, but in this case I’ll argue we should because she’s clearly not what the majority of Americans want.
Then again she may surprise us like Gorsuch did when he and the court agreed that the 1964 civil rights act, article 7, protected the LGBTQ community from being fired despite the fact that Trump nominated him.
She better walk on eggshells is all I’m saying we’ve put up with enough already.

No she won't surprise us, you can see it in her face,posture,winkles, hard hard woman

You have the nail squarely on the head here!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:546731
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.