Agnostic.com

34 23

Terrorizing Children in the Name of God is Legal in the U.S.

I ran across this site (link below) while doing research on authoritarian religion, adverse childhood experiences, and early brain development. Posted was a story being taught to young children from Grace Baptist Church in California. It’s a lesson adapted from II Kings 2:23-25. Take special note of "The Curse" and following lesson. It's about a 3-minute read.

Brace yourself, it's exceedingly alarming.

[gracebaptist.ws]

VictoriaNotes 9 Apr 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Abuse of power is bad, be it parents, preachers, teachers, politicians, organisations, corporations. But I must admit sometimes I wish I could get bears to eat people!

The god of the old testiment was a fucking asshole.

JK666 Level 7 Apr 22, 2018

The bear looking like "Smokey is quite a touch! I have a friend who lives in Israel. She and her husband started one of the first Kibbutz there in the late forties. I sent this to her for her opinion.

I heard back from my Israeli friend. She lives in an area that has almost daily suicide bombers and discovered tunnels and knife-wielding assailants, so she lives on the front lines of instilled hate from brainwashed Palestinians.

While she is not religious and not demonic as many attempt to paint her merely for her nationality, she is proud of and lives by her heritage. She grew up in the Belgian Congo and was in boarding school in Paris in the early days of WWII. She is also a survivor of the kindred Jewish ships that were denied safe harbor at many Western ports due to her being a Jewish child. So she had direct experience of hate and calculated misinformation and propaganda.

She stated that the sermon was made up of calculated lies, entirely untrue according to Jewish texts concerning both prophets. She did say they had something similar there with strict Hassidic and other strict orthodox Jewry.

Is that the scariest picture of a bear they could find?

@VictoriaNotes Yes, I recognized Smoky. He looks nice.

@VictoriaNotes It depends. What age group is expected to see this poster? Who produced it? I may be missing something.

@VictoriaNotes Got it!

Hahah mankind control do not see boundaries

Rosh Level 7 Apr 11, 2018

Sounds like a preacher was offended by kids falling asleep while he was preaching (egocentric?) and decided to terrorize the children by telling them a story of how his "God" hates kids. Religious are in denial when it comes to hateful behavior by their god. "God doesn't hate", yet the stories to support their view of discipline are filled with hate! This is all tied up with the paternal archetype of God/god. "Spare the rod, spoil the child!" My father said this in my childhood at least once that I can remember. And not sparing the rod is deep in a child's mind. Maybe they never experienced carporal punishment, that doesn't mean they don't understand the concept of a angry father lashing out at his children. A child is aware of their physical vulnerability with a father much larger then they are. All it takes is a father raising his voice and threatening with physical harm to get the idea across. So "the Bible is always real"? In closing, the cruel, vicious, thoughtless, selfish behavior perpetrated by religious appalls me!

Gross, but god is the best.

Don't fuck with God (but fuck each other, so we get babies. We love babies). The threat with bears is only to make you start at an early age. And don't forget to join the scouts they love to do good deeds.

Gert Level 7 Apr 26, 2018

I have to agree. probably fake news

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:54695
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.