Agnostic.com

34 23

Terrorizing Children in the Name of God is Legal in the U.S.

I ran across this site (link below) while doing research on authoritarian religion, adverse childhood experiences, and early brain development. Posted was a story being taught to young children from Grace Baptist Church in California. It’s a lesson adapted from II Kings 2:23-25. Take special note of "The Curse" and following lesson. It's about a 3-minute read.

Brace yourself, it's exceedingly alarming.

[gracebaptist.ws]

VictoriaNotes 9 Apr 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Much of "Christian" rhetoric is vengeful and does not make intellectual or moral sense.

That is sick! I don't have a vomit emoji, sorry.

?
This is one, I don't know if it works here.

It does, so copy and past.

@Gert Okay.

Religious terrorism is full of explicit and implicit threats whose chief purpose, whose sole purpose, is to paralyze the mind and kill all attempts to think critically. Reading the article and listening to the recording it is evident that the author is trying to instil fear and as everyone knows when people are afraid they cannot think clearly.

Even the biblical statement: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" is complete and utter nonsense. Human beings were on the earth long before the first record of language appeared in Summeria 3000 - 3300 BC.

This is disgusting!

The church is full of child molesters,crooks,perverts that pray on fellow members,etc.I have no use for anyone that thinks I belong in hell anyway.They are the ultimate haters and scum of the earth.I am already tired of talking about it.

I really can't see Christians using the word "fuck", or any curse word for that matter, in their advertising.

it is satire

@btroje I pretty much figured that out.

The thing is, it's not just Christians that terrorize children. I used to work in a laundromat. I can't count the times that parents (mainly mothers) telling their kids what I would do to them if they misbehave. I finally had enough and told the parent, in front of the child, that it's not my problem if they are incapable on controlling their child and that I will be doing nothing to said child. They weren't very happy with me, but I truly didn't care.

@kiramea you are right on the terrorizing part. I would have objected to someone including me in that laundromat scene too

@VictoriaNotes Probably, but it wasn't a "if you do this God will strike you down". It was a "if you do this the laundry lady will do things to you". I realize I wasn't clear when I wrote it.

What I was meaning when I wrote it was that "God" never came into the picture. I refuse to be made up as a scary boogie-man just because the parent refuses to discipline their child/children.

That's an atheist joke poster, right? That can't be real. I understand the principle is valid but I can't imagine they use a poster like that to scare kids.

@VictoriaNotes Yeah, The truth is actually much worse. Believe or burn in hell for all eternity and have God and everyone you know and love, hate you for being a sinner is the message being pushed

I think it's a joke. For it to be real, there would have to be a private jet in the picture with the minister giving the warning.

Yep, scare the kids into saying they believe, give them nightmares until they are old enough to rebel against such cruel scare tactics and enlightened enough to see it for what it is. Do these ignorants actually believe scaring little children will make them love and respect God? There is no doubt in my mind this is child abuse.

Love the poster. Needed a good laugh! I find you to be a true and worthy leader of this wonderful community. Thanks for your efforts,and posts. Much to learn, I can from you. Have a great day.

Its not that God is cruel.....

Ha - great sign! It's one step beyond horrible how that story abuses children.

jeffy Level 7 Apr 10, 2018

Fucking bullshit

it's called 'Religion'....been doing it for centuries across the globe.

Were any animals hurt in the making of that myth?

godef Level 7 Apr 10, 2018

That's so sad... they should whip these so called profits and teachers. Living in fear of the loving God. Hats bullcrap!

I have told this story Christians who insist I am making it up, and when I show them it in the bible they insist it is either not a "proper bible" or I get the "even the Devil can site scripture" cliché

I am sure that bears have indeed eaten children... and adults. Humans also eat bears.

Nature is kinda rough that way. I don't buy the fiery horses though, or the bit about god.

If I am eaten soon, my wife will post here in case anyone needs to rethink the whole god business. Think I am gonna be fine though.

I am taking a real risk here for science, people.

Why should this surprise anyone? This kind of brainwashing is far too common. Anything to get the kids hooked and the earlier the better. Eventually, even the adults believe this crap.

BTW, the issue of the magazine "Trumpet" which I posted several months ago, has similar nonesense but for adults. Too many adults believe this. I just got my latest FFRF newsletter and my letter on this was printed. To the religious there is a war on and no one is immune especially children.

@VictoriaNotes Yes, I have heard of all of them. Funny you should mention Chick-fil-A (where did that name come from?). On my recent trip with my daughter they stopped in one of these drive-ins. I made a comment about it but they said they didn't care - they just liked the food! I will send your link to them.

@AncientNight Fortunately, the German people had a completely different political system. I had a very good friend who was in an American POW camp and he said learning about democracy changed his life. Our system is supposed to protect us from such criminals and some parts are starting to work.

@AncientNight this is very common but unfortunately, ignorance of what goes on in war only beats more wars.

My uncle, a German, fought for 4 years in a tank on the Russian front. He got captured and sent to a gulag in Siberia. He wrote a book and even added some illustrations. One copy was translated which I have. The reason for the book was he compiled a long list of those who died and he wanted some of those names to get out.
He felt no guilt because it was war.

@AncientNight My family always thought our uncle was a Nazi, this is a common misconception. Hitler gave special emphasis on Tank people and gave them black uniforms.He had a picture of himself in this uniform and they automatically thought he was SS. I had to point out he was not in the Nazi party (it is not like here in that they had to actually join) and he didn't have the double haken on his uniform. They know nothing of the history and culture of the time and I don't think they fully believed me. He lived the last 40 years of his life in Dallas, Tx. and identified as a Democrat.

This is true in many other countries as well.

Holy shit is all I can say. Inventing bible stories to control children and their obedience training like a dog. Sad.

Elijah, like most other christians, he went to heaven.

I wonder how many other jews the grace baptist church thinks were christians?

Yet, so many will lose their goddamned minds over a proposed law in Texas banning male masturbation. This is why we will always fail to accomplish anything meaningful.

@VictoriaNotes And people wonder why I'm always hoping this whole planet gets taken out by an asteroid? SMFH

That is truly graphic and horrifying. If someone read that to MY kids I'd do to them what they claim the bears did to those children.

Seem ironic that the poster above has the scouts that will not allow Atheists to join.

I do not know if Catholics still use this prayer (I hope not). It is what we were taught to say while on our knees before crawling into bed: "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, if I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take." Really gives you the warm fuzzies.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:54695
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.