Agnostic.com

0 0

LINK Explanation of the Shamanic Origins of Taoism in China

I do not believe in all this mystical elements people claim to have done, or witnessed, or glimpsed through a dream. They are the stuff of fantasy and reduce the power of any practice (be it Tao or Judaism) but I found the meaning of Wu interesting (I presume Wuhan is named for it). Any ruler who claims to possess such miraculous power (from ancient text to Тяцмр) is at best misreading events just as a two year old believes moving its arm controls its surroundings. Fact is that most adult humans are trying to gain the control they realized, at two, that they don't have and never did. This is called psychology and carries far more weight with me than any Shamanistic claims. I've also recently read about hundreds of Taoist texts which outline the existence of Deities and can't (in reality) go there.
Does that mean the Tao de Ching is a lie? Not for me it doesn't. The Tao, for me, has become a guide book with more relatable truth than The Bible, Torah, or Quran but not ultimate truth. Meditation remains a great tool for gaining calm and self-awareness to divine your psychological aspects from. We are our own Gods.

rainmanjr 8 Oct 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:547775