Agnostic.com

18 13

LINK Majority of Gays Are Possessed by Ghosts, So-Called Study Says

I am gay, and I put this under the "Silly Random and fun" category. Thsi is posted fordf entertainment value. The reality of science tells us that sexual orientation is caused by genetics and meta-genetics. However this group claims...

Possession by a spirit of the opposite sex causes same-sex attraction, according to a bizarre study by a group called the Spiritual Science Research Foundation.

snytiger6 9 Oct 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am glad someone finally figured this out. I always thought it was contingent on how many roller skates one wore while swimming.

I presume the subscribers to this theory exclude the "Holy Ghost" AKA "Holy Spirit" from such possessions.

Hilarious

The article is hogwash! There is NO evidence of "ghosts" so it is fabricated. Evolution is the cause of homosexuality. There is NOTHING wrong with gay people, ONLY the people who have a problem with it.

I have a few gay friends. They’re great, but if they were posed with ghosts... Jesus... that would make cookouts way more exciting with alcohol involved. I think Johhny Walker and ghosts would be an amazing compilation.

I was going to repeat an old Gallagher joke here, but I thought better of it...

Ghost would not be exactly a good choice of words. But, understanding biblical word "ruach" as being a force(like breathe), it could be understood why they use the word ghost. Ruach is often translated into English as spirit or ghost. It is rather erroneous to translate ruach into spirit or ghost. But, it could be understood that ruach being a force like the chemical reaction forces in the brain that cause such as muscle movements to breathe.

So then, if "ruach" is a force and people think because of chemical reaction forces, the thoughts that cause them to think homosexuality are forces within their chemical reaction brains.

Word Level 8 Oct 29, 2020

What? How on Earth do you spout this gay ghost hypothesis without gales of laughter? Has anyone with any credentials asked them for evidence? What else can we blame these ghosts with? A spooky-boi made me a god hating atheist.
The ghost of Francis Bacon just told me this is compete bunkum. Prove me wrong.

Is it just me or are everyone else hearing the faint sounds of the "Tubular Bells" and the Exorcist movie theme here....LOL.
AND just in time for Halloween as well, kind of ironic isn't it?

Of course they have no proof for any of it. In my church daze it was not ghosts but spirits and demons instead. Since they have no bodies themselves they enter into you in order to experience their "perversions" through your body. Getting rid of them would involve a lot of praying, speaking in tongues, and rolling around on the floor. I can only imagine that if the church members thought they had a truly gay person and if that person was smart, they might go through with this just so the church would leave them alone. Maybe they wanted to be a church member so they played along once discovered or found out. If so, this would lead on into "conversion therapy" groups later as the church would think their "cure" really did work.

I don't know the above for a fact and I'm only guessing. I do this because a large number of gay people want to continue clinging on to a religion. This gets me to asking why a church would think spirits and demons wanted gay sex. Is this something normal spirits and demons do? Where did they learn it? For anyone thinking on this "conversion therapy" now starts to look very lame.

I see the article as taking what I've said and adding that the possessing spirit is of the opposite sex in order to explain the attraction gay and lesbian's have for the same sex. In my time we were not that smart in explaining the "why" of the situation.

Any organization with a title containing “spiritual” in it means the organization is pretend and utterly useless and narrow minded.

Thanks for posting. 🙂 I must admit to enjoying a good laugh at the expense of such nincompoops.

At least it fits the season.

Gawd, what nonsense will they come up with next? I looked up the group and they are quite an organization, but I think a xtian cultist snuck into their scientific ranks on this one.

They wanted attention, because it's near Halloween.

What a bunch of hooey!

What idiots

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 29, 2020

So called study is a good discrimination.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:547814
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.