Agnostic.com

6 6

LINK Catholic Teacher and Priest Teamed Up to Assault Six-Year-Old, Lawsuit Alleges | Val Wilde | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

An anonymous British Columbia man, identified only as John Doe, has become the latest sex abuse victim to file suit against the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Vancouver

snytiger6 9 Oct 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I understand that these things happen and have happened. What I do not understand is that it takes 40 or 50 years to bring it all out. Why?

Many reasons. Kids are endoctrinated to nto question the authority of the church. The perpetrators use guilt fear and and shame to control the child's actions... just like the church itself does.

Oh hell, shades of what I have just been dealing with here.

so what else is new? he'll be transferred and moved around until the brainwashed family decides to forgive the asshole because it is the christian thing to do bullshit

As egregious as the crimes are, the church cover ups seem worse...

They are worse.

They should all just be shot, on the spot.
As soon as a guilty verdict comes in, take them into another room, shoot them in the head, and dump the body into an incinerator.

Nah, way way to kind and merciful.

It would be better to throw them to the vultures and lions to eat them alive.

I'd say don't kill them, but put them in prison, whee "Bubba" will inflict their punishment... opver and over again. Death may be too quick.

Pedophiles tend to gravitate towards occupations which give them power and control over children.

Very true. Pedophiles are predators and they hunt where there is plenty of game that is easy to get at. Religious institutions provide a bountiful hunting ground.

@Cyklone sad but true

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:548102
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.