Agnostic.com

5 4

LINK Islam has declared war to my country. : atheism

r/atheism page featuring a French user talking about the situation in his country

Hages 7 Oct 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree with Shekhar Gupta on this.

Has anyone kept track over which religion does the most harm?

I have, it's regional.
Here in America it's right wing fundamentalist.
No better than Islam in reality.

@Willow_Wisp I suppose the real answer is all of them...

@Canndue yeah, you just need a critical mass of crazies. I think usa will have French level of Muslim population sometime in the future. Then we can compare

By what measure? Islam vs culture is what every dogma must face. Absolute doctrine or freedom of evolving thought. Only religion knows for sure because all religions are based on "faith" which is believing something sans evidence or truth. One can not argue that. One can only support freedom of NOT believing because we must have proof.

@Spongebob I guess the point I’m trying to make is that a staggering amount of death and violence is also attributed to Christianity and other religions. I guess the difference is christianity follows The money, so they conform a bit to societal norms. While Islam is batshit crazy and stuck in the Middle Ages

@Canndue I think Christianity has a religious figure head in the pope with some nominal territory and power. Muslims lack a clear authority. They had the caliphate but it was dissolved by the western powers after ww1. I think the world would be better served if there is a nominal figure head like the pope - dress fancy and preach without much political power. Instead, we have political leaders like erdogan and Imran khan who believe they are the leaders of the ummah. This is a dangerous combination.

@Spongebob last I knew there were thousands of sects in christianity, the pope is the head of the Catholics only. Greek Orthodox have there own chief. Problem is most Muslim countries are not secular, so the state is complicit in their evil deeds

@Canndue haha I see. I am very uneducated about Christian faith. Excuse my ignorance

@Spongebob hope I didn’t come across as jerk 😉

@Canndue haha not at all

France is paying for it's colonial past compounded by the interference in the middle east and north Africa by western govts.

Good that Vietnam isn't Islamic then

@Spongebob Good point. I really admire the Vietnamese in how tolerant and welcoming they are to westerners despite the French occupation followed by the US invasion and the atrocities they carried out.

@Moravian British fucked up India too. They made social structures rigid and looted the country in the name of civilizing. You don't see Hindus bombing London. My point is colonialism in no way explains the rabid Islamic terror wrought on historical enemies

@Spongebob Yes , I take your point but the main reason France has so many Islamic immigrants from North Africa is due to their colonial past.
The majority of them are model citizens and the French authorities are handling the situation badly. For example stopping the sale of halal food is ridiculous.
The young man who killed the school teacher was from Chechnya and the latest one from Morocco so to come down hard on the French Muslims is counter productive.

Islam the religion of peace, my ass!

Historically speaking here, Fundamentalist Islam has been both at War with itself and the rest of humanity almost since the conception of Islamic Fundamentalism.
Historically, Catholicism first declared War with Islam in the First of the Crusades merely over some miserable, dirty, dusty little, back-water desert township that laid false claim to be a 'Holy City.'
In one particular Crusade the 'Christian' armies conquered Jerusalem and literally SLAUGHTERED everyone inside its walls, including Jews, Muslims, etc, etc.
At first Islam, not fundie Islam btw, was only concerned mainly with converting ALL Arabic peoples but it escalated post-Crusades with first the Ottoman Empire, etc, etc, followed later by the emergence of the Ayatollahs in Iran, etc, and then the foul likes of the Taliban, I.S.I.S, and their ilk.
Like almost ALL religions/religious beliefs, Fundamentalist or otherwise, Islam is a CANCER of and on the minds of Humanity.

Are the Muslims protesting against French Government fundamentalist or moderate? This is the true Scotsman fallacy that we have to contend with

@Spongebob Well I actually know, personally, a number of Muslims here where I live, they ARE NOT the rampant, rabid types that do these horrific things in any way shape nor form.
In fact we often have discussion over religions, Islam, Christianity and the like, they know I am an Atheist, they NEVER seek to nor try to 'convert me' instead they listen intently, ask questions, etc, etc.
They abhor and are disgusted by the actions/crimes committed by those Fundamentalist Muslims.

@Triphid That's great! Sounds like they are selective in their Islamic beliefs.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:548198
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.