Agnostic.com

20 18

"Terrified" Jon Stewart Sums Up How Americans Feel Right Now.

I feel anxiety and worry about the upcoming election. Like Jon Stewart, my irritable bowel syndrome has flared up with painful abdominal cramps.

When Joe Biden wins (YES!), I will celebrate with a shot of whiskey in this mug. Ordered the mug when Marmalade Mussolini won. Small comfort. It helped to make these signs for the first Women's March in January 2017.

I keep whiskey and tequila on hand for guests. Don't like alcohol. It dehydrates me and gives me a headache. But hey, we will celebrate!

How are you feeling about the election?

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I vote tomorrow. I’m a little worried but believe it will go well and the electoral landslide will match the popular vote landslide

Voted two weeks ago, happily rejecting the Mad King. Polling looks good, but Hair Furor is going to do his best to steal the outcome. Failing that, he will continue to stir up chaos any way he can, unless he sulks off into exile.

I think Biden will win big, but tRump will use the courts to reverse the outcome. I am worried that COVID rates will explode if he is not kicked from office.

Optimistic but Nervous

Keeping a worried eye on your elections from my side of the border, hoping that sanity and peace will prevail with my neighboors from the land of the free.

I feel at edge and have been for the past couple of weeks. At least when I was on my fire assignment I could focus on my tasks at hand, but since I've been back at my normal job, I have this feeling of dread. I try to keep optimistic, but there's that bit in the back of my mind that worries about that orange shitgibbon winning again. I honestly do not know what I'll do if he does win again. The US hasn't been this divided since the civil war.

I haven't slept well without drugs since the last election when the orange shitgibbon won. I had just lost my job because he doesn't pay his bills, and had to have a couple lymph nodes removed. Had to give up my apartment and move in with a friend for a couple months and entered a distinct depression until the new year. It's a struggle to avoid going into that with this election. If he wins, I don't know how long I can stave it off. I will consider moving as soon as I can out of the country...with covid, that may be a while.

@Larimar

Sweetie, you have my sympathy. Sending you mental rainbows of healing and peace.

So glad you have a good friend who took you in.

@LiterateHiker Yeah, it was a really dark time. Difficult to move after lymph node removal, too. You can't lift anything. It was tiring to pack.

A lot of us are really stressed about it even over in UK! Another Trump term is going to have consequences everywhere. Our own idiots are hoping for a great trade deal with him if he wins. They don't seem to get it, his definition of a deal is "I gain at your expense". Plus all the worries about the violence and discrimination, nobody likes to see a developed first world country descend into that 😟

Salo Level 7 Oct 31, 2020

Will work with democrats poll watching

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 31, 2020

So incredibly stressed. Decompressing daily.

I feel exactly as you do. Of course, my Trumper insurance lady is now all in a tizzy about Biden and his son but not affected by anything close to this with Trump and how he asked a foreign government to investigate Biden. She chases Trumper ideas as true and tells me that all politics are corrupt. It means she only hears what she wants to hear.

Then that house I pass every day that has all kinds of flags up to show now has an American flag and Lee's battle flag up once again. No flags at all were there for 5 days but maybe this is something for Halloween just to scare us. Who knows? Beyond that, Trump Jr. laughs at some Trumpers having a little fun by ramming into a Biden bus. All of this really is the "radical left" isn't it? People believe it and that is what they say. WTF?

I do not concern myself with it now that I have cast my vote and simply waiting for the results.

I'm ready for it to be over. It has definitely taken a Toll on me. I hope people don't start a Civil War over the Election(Might be an Exaggeration) Me being an Independent, Conversations have gone better with Liberals. Miles ahead of the Conservatives, who stick to their Biases a little to much. I see a Video where a Conservative said "Immigrants are not entitled to Free Healthcare"... and like Wolves they show up in Numbers so anyone that disagrees is the odd man out... Sorry let me come back...😤😔... there are probably some good Republicans, but it's so few and Far between. I'm just ready for this to be done, So we can get back to what's important...

I'm sure there's many a civil war started from denial and exaggeration

So cool! I have that same mug!

Some friends and I plan to metro down to the white house and verbal deliver the president his eviction notice with much profanity. 😁

Existential Dread pretty much sums it up

I live in Canada and I am holding back on placing two major orders for inventory, one from the US and one from China - until I see what the outcome is of this US Fiasco of an Election.

I am quite anxious, and plan on remaining well medicated.

I'm hoping that Biden will win. 😀

A corner of my brain, however, is depressed with the possibility that there may be four more years of the Fool in the White House. 😟

I'm smoking a strain of weed from a company called "Canndescent" The strain is called Connect No. 409.
It was never touched by human hands before mine.
They list the effects and they are to my delight quite accurate.
They also have strains called "Create" and "Charge" it's quite nice actually.
I have enough to get me through the election.

Wishing you guys peace and common sense during the election and results

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:548489
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.