Agnostic.com

24 22

LINK Witches Outnumber Presbyterians in the US; Wicca, Paganism Growing 'Astronomically' - The Christian Post

There are those who would say that as Agnostics/Atheists we're worse because at least the witches believe in something.

HippieChick58 9 Nov 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wicca and paganism are growing because a great amount of people burned out on religion think they have to believe in something. Let them do as they will. This disturbs Christians because they think they are losing control.

They are.

Thank Heartha, at least some people have fun...

I went from christian(10 years) to pagan(30 years). Then I became an agnostic(3 years) and then became an atheist.

Hang on. This obviously applies only to wicked women. What about we wonderful Wizards?

Not sure witch refers specifically to females, though most are female.

My experiences with wiccans and calvinists leads me to believe the former are mostly harmless the second not so much. So a net improvement.

Wicca wicca howl!

My understanding was that witches were typically the healers and teachers and held hi social status until xtians came along and “demonized” them.

Anyway, witches are a hell of a lot more fun to party with than xtians.....

I may laugh now, but paganism was my bridge between xtian and agnostic atheism when I wasn't emotionally ready to give up a supernatural god type of thing. So hopefully, they will make a similar journey as they start to question their works. Here's hoping.

I think a lot went that way. The tenet of non-manipulation is appealing. Not to mention the cool outfits (unless your skyclad of course)

They don’t collect religious data? There’s a lot in that, but any religious organisation with strong leadership needs to be transparent so we can see what they’re promoting I should think. The talk of spells against the president, although about as useful as, ‘thoughts and prayers’ shows that the group could be manipulated for other acts, potentially.
Reminds me of an old song, Words of Advice for Young People’,,
‘Never trust a religious son of a bitch, as his word’s worth shit if his good Lord tells him to fuck you over’
Or lyrics to that effect, lols. Unfortunately I’d trust pagans with a dodgy coven leader about as much.

Ordinarily I would post a link to the "How To Tell A Witch" bit from Monty Python & The Holy Grail, but I think I used that just a couple of days ago, and I don't want to get repetitive.

Tbh I'd rather deal with Pegans than christians

The fun group

Finally. Some good news!

But we're so "christian" acting. I get really sick of hearing that on

not me. Well, my actions would be christian but my swearing ruins it 🙂

If it stops them being burnt I’m good with it 😉

The thing I find interesting is how many christians murdered "witches" compared to how many "witches" murdered christians...

Must be all those Harry Potter books and Charmed episodes. Bet they revert to Christianity when they hit 35 and look back at youth misspent.

Wouldn’t it be nice if it was the other way around and people, ‘woke’ from religion 🙂

Must be the Season of the Witch.

I wonder if "spiritual revival" involves plans to burn people at the stake in ye olde Presbyterian manner ?

TO_BY Level 7 Nov 5, 2020

Pagans are all that’s gonna be left after the Christians are swept up before the rapture 😂😂. They’ll leave us to pick up the pieces. But I’d rather stay here than live with those hicks for eternity!!😳

Seriously, bring on the rapture. I'm eager to see who is left here on earth.

These are impressive numbers.

Wait minute, I believe in something: Rational, evidence based study and beauty of nature, in which we are embedded.

what's a presbyterian?!

A member of the Prebyterian church, a fairly liberal Protestant denomination.

@Redneckliberal There's a Presbyterian church in the next road from where I live. ...but I know of the others too, the Methodist, the Anglican and so on. I just think it's a pot of confusion with much similarity eg the Anglicans don't confess (so I think), they don't pray to Mary or say the hail Mary's from the Rosary, but they sacrifice something (give up something they like) for lent and have the same set-up as inside of a Catholic Church🙄, including the priest etc and they do the holy communion. I visited all these churches out of curiosity when I was a teenager.

@TimeOutForMe meant as a joke actually!!

I'm not a witch, but I believe in SOMETHING...

LMAO!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:549114
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.