Agnostic.com

3 6

Remember this. In 1932 in the depths of the Great Depression 4 out of 10 people voted to keep Herbert Hoover in office. Today's Trump voters stand at almost the same percentage. Progressives and moderates will never top over 65%. If we all thought exactly the same we might even be in a worse mess.

Lorajay 9 Nov 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Watching fools cheer on their, and the planet's demise, remains disgusting.. The ignorant will apparently always be willing to be led by evil.

Hopefully, they’ll no longer be in the driver's seat … if sitting in the back whining & bitching.. ..blaming what it takes to clean up this mess on the janitorial team.

Varn Level 8 Nov 4, 2020

I actually have two days off in a row. That’s rare. This is my popcorn at the TV night.

If it makes you feel any better. I will not Break windows and set small businesses on fire if Biden wins, however; I will giggle publicly when you can’t get a job a year or two from now. Assuming many Biden supporters even want one.

I am so tired of right wingers implying that Democrats don't want to work. I've had a job every day of my life starting at age 12. I didn't need to work it was just expected of me. I was able to retire at age 55 but I continued to work for my family. I designed and built a house,started a business created a website that became the expert in its field. When I decided I did not want to do the website anymore I gave it to a museum and they gladly took it.I have many Democratic friends and none of them have ever shirked working.

You are obviously one of those people that only value your work and need to run other people down in order to build up your own self-esteem.

The Republican party has been very good at building up the self-esteem of people like you. They've told you for years that you're hard worker and can do a lot better if you didn't have support those lazy good for nothings. Meanwhile you didn't reap the full benefits of your work because they were using your emotions to blind you to the fact that they were stealing those benefits for their Rich buddies.

@Lorajay My predominant exposure to democrats is though work and seeing them on public assistance. I’ll admit that I have a slightly jaded view.

@CourtJester I used to go door to door in public housing and register voters. I soon learned it didn't do any good because those people that are on public assistance often do not have the ability to work and or the understanding that voting is important to them. I also realized that many of them did work because that is now a requirement to receive assistance. This requirement was initiated during Bill Clinton's presidency. Those that did work were often afraid to take off work long enough to vote. Voting leave is a requirement in our state but many of them understood very well that they would be punished by their employer if they asked for that leave.
I am pretty sure those people I registered some as Independents,some as Republicans and some as Democrats that lived in public housing did not end up voting. I know this because I checked the voting history for that precinct and it did not change even though I registered another 166 new voters.

That's why we vote all us

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:549394
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.