Agnostic.com

2 5

lets be Friday silly

whiskywoman 8 Nov 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well that was an eclectic mix! I think the one about playing an active role in my life is my theme song right now. 🙂

Wow, I didn’t know about the buffaloes, that’s awful 🙁 but some good funnies 😊 Happy Friday!

I am told that they would send out trains full of riflemen. Which they would park across the buffaloes migration paths, so that they could cut them all down before they reached the native hunting grounds. Creating vast piles of corpes, and so destroying any market for meat and hide, that they were just left to rot.

@Fernapple 😢

@Fernapple men can be such stupid ass holes they do tragic things for no reason sometimes

@whiskywoman Their attitude at the time was that they were being charitable, the only other option they were considering was shooting Native Americans instead of buffaloes.
These were brutal hard hearted men, you get that way by having to kill all the meat in your diet yourself, your entire adult life.
It was a different world.
They had just quit hanging children for stealing bread in England FFS.

@Willow_Wisp the reason they stole aboriginal children from their families too, the theory of assimilation that if brought up by whites they’d do better. Unfortunately it only ended pretty late last century. I was friends with a lady who adopted a young boy who later didn’t want to find his real mother, it was very sad.
Slowly we learn, but is it quickly enough for us to survive? I wonder. (As a race).

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:550054
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.