Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK COVID-Denying Pastor Whines That Kamala Harris (a Baptist) Isn’t Truly Christian | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

This is where conservatives are going. If you don't belong to THEIR church, you aren't considered Christian.

snytiger6 9 Nov 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How many times (and to how many people) have we heard this insult leveled at someone who doesn't ''fit'' in? Consider...''true Christian....true Muslim...." applied ONLY to one particular dogma. Wish they could find another excuse for their hatreds.

There's even a name for this in Islam; takfir, "not a true Muslim". This was invented fairly recently as an excuse to be able to make war on other Muslims, which is forbidden by the Quran. Declaring that if they don't follow your interpretation, they're takfiri, allows you to kill them.

I imagine the same kind of thinking is at work among these "Christians". You don't have to extend Christian love to anyone who's not a "real" Xian by your definition.

@Paul4747 Exactly! It's handy, though, if you want to control behavior. I once was telling someone about how I'd enjoyed "The Golden Compass"...a childish fantasy in which evil fails and good triumphs. She turned and SNEERED at me..."No true Christian would see that film or read those books. The children kill GOD!" I see. Once again...it's about control!

@LucyLoohoo Seems like a pretty sissy god if a bunch of kids can do him in. Then again, kids are smarter than parents sometimes.

@Paul4747 It doesn't even happen until the third book. Obviously, someone told this woman it would steal her soul if she read all three of them. Pathetic.

There are so many versions of Christianity, you would need a scorecard to tell who is who. Reminds me of “follow the holy gourd”.....

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:550537
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.