Agnostic.com

8 23

This emotional statement from Van Jones after the Biden/Harris win made me cry. It should make everyone cry.

By Egberto Willies

Van Jones cried as he expressed the reality for many Americans who feel liberated from a nightmare that engulfed the country for four years.

After CNN called the race for the Biden/Harris ticket, Van Jones gave an emotional statement that every person of color, every aggrieved, and every sympathetic person can understand. It is not necessary to live someone's pain to empathize with their situation. Jones released that entire emotional baggage live on-air.

"This is vindication for a lot of people who have really suffered," Jones said. "You know, 'I can't breath?' that wasn't just George Floyd. That was how a lot of people have felt. They couldn't breathe."

Van Jones was not done.

"Every day you are waking up," Jones said. "And you are getting these tweets, and you don't know. And you go into the store, and people who have been afraid to show their racism are getting nastier and nastier to you. And you are worried about your kids. And you are worried about your sister. Can she go to Walmart and get back into her car without somebody saying something to her. And you spent so much of your life energy just trying to hold it together."

Jones went on to say that this Biden/Harris win is a big deal. He said this is the time for us to get some peace finally and to get a reset.

"The character of the country matters," Jones said. "Being a good man matters. I want my sons to look at this. It is easy to do it the cheap way and get away with stuff. It comes back around. And it is a good thing for this country."

Van Jones Gets it Right

[slate.com]

[dailykos.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I burst into tears when I heard the news. I think it was a testament to all the anxiety, and downer feelings so many have been carrying around inside, that this kind of release happened to many !

And then there are some who, instead of crying happy tears, they're looking to somehow get their dictator back. They're angry and vindictive and wanting revenge... of course spurred on by their Fuhrer !

Nothing wrong with showing emotion and tears for many out there who was affected by tragedy and pain and hopelessness caused by that Orange blister.

It is good to get positive emotions out to help heal

Let's not leave out the gain for those who value truth and science (REALITY). And Biden is only a Catholic, which faith accepts evolution, and is not even considered Christianity by some. The situation with Harris is convoluted, but overall there is reason to be optimistic there as well.

It's our time now, time for people

I was already cried out, the celebration in BLM square did it. I try not to release to many endorphins due to circumstances since feelings aren’t real so I had myself a little imaginary emotional breakdown releasing a lot of very real and destructive stress.
Suddenly I wanted to be in a Matrix cave orgy...

Great insight. I know you didn’t write this but you do well choosing what you post

I watched him make that statement. It didn't make me cry, but I damn sure agreed with him.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:550567
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.