Agnostic.com

10 20

Dancing in the street.

[agnostic.com]

skado 9 Nov 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh dear no, the Fundie Christians may quite well NOT like that, since 'dancing can often lead to that nasty thing known as SEX....LOL.

Actually happened this time

He’s not the president just yet.

WHY, he has been DECLARED Officially as President has he not, therefore and logically he should NOT have to wait until January, 2021 to take Office.
TAKE out the TRASH NOW.

@Triphid He has declared himself and some news outlets have declared him the winner, but their opinion on the matter means nothing. Trump has declared that he’s the winner. Still doesn’t matter.
There are recounts to complete in a few states and contested elections in several states.

Neither side has one until the other concedes or the electoral college casts their vote.

That’s right, he’s not president yet, but the circumstances and likelihoods as they stand at the moment are not insignificant, and are plenty worth celebrating on their own merit. It’s pretty clear it was not a landslide for Trump. I’m sure there will a lot more celebrating when/if Biden does become president.

@skado Only the Electoral College or the various state legislatures can declare a candidate the winner. To base this decision on network vote totals and projections and to call Biden the president-elect is irresponsible.

The recounts in Arizona, Georgia, and the other states are likely to go heavily for Trump.

Most of the likely errors or invalid votes took place on mailed in ballots. (Machine votes are harder to tamper with). Since Biden won upwards of two-thirds of mail-in votes and absentee ballots, it's likely that most of the discarded mail ballots will be subtracted from Biden’s total.

The networks currently give Trump 214 electorate voters (270 is the victory level).

Alaska, where Trump has led by 2:1 all week and is now more than half counted will likely throw its 3 votes to Trump giving him 217.

Trump has likewise led in North Carolina (15 votes) all week and his margin of 75,000 has not diminished. He will undoubtedly carry North Carolina.

Like Alaska, the media will not call it for Trump to promote the illusion of a Biden victory. North Carolina would bring Trump’s vote to 232.

The vote count in Arizona shows Trump’s deficit shrinking from 30,000 on Friday to 18,500 on Saturday with about 100K left to count.

After Arizona (11 votes). is fully counted, it will go through a recount subject to the pro-Trump bias identified in point 2. Were he to win Arizona, he would have 243 votes.

In Georgia (16 votes), Biden leads by only 8400 votes, a margin that has been dropping.

Like Arizona, Trump may still win the count and, if not, would have a very good chance of prevailing in the recount. With Georgia, Trump would have 259 votes.

Wisconsin (10 votes) is tallied as having been won by Biden by 21,000 votes but a recanvass is in the offing. Given the facts enumerated earler, there is a very good chance Trump will carry Wisconsin. The recount process in Wisconsin is uniquely fair and transparent — a model for the nation — so Trump may well flip the state.

If he does, he will have 269 votes — one shy of victory.

Then, it comes down Pennsylvania and its 20 votes. The Supreme Court provisionally allowed ballots to be counted if they arrived before Friday, Nov. 6 and were postmarked before election day, Nov. 3, and ordered late votes to be segregated. When Justice Alito was informed that the state had not segregated the late votes, as required in the Court’s decision, Alito reaffirmed the necessity of enforcing the court order.

Joe Biden currently leads by 37,000 votes in Pennsylvania. The number of late arriving ballots likely far exceeds this total (the state has not published this information).

Justice Alioto and a Court majority may throw out the late ballots, likely delivering the state to Trump.

Additionally, for the reasons stated above, a recanvass is likely to give Trump a decisive advantage. If he wins Pennsylvania, he would have 289 votes and a victory.

Will there be a recount in Pennsylvania? The current law requires one if the margin is under 0;.5% and in Pennsylvania it likely will be slightly greater.

There are two ways to trigger a recount:

—First, the U.S. Supreme Court could order one after the vote counters so flagrantly violated Alito’s order to segregate the votes that he had to re-issue it. And remember, four Justices wanted to reconsider whether to allow late ballots entirely but the high court deadlocked 4-4. Now with Justice Barrett in the mix it may take a different view, particularly iff the presidency hangs in the balance.

—Second, Article II Section 1 of the US Constitution reads:

"Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress."

The Pennsylvania State Legislature, solidly in Republican hands (both houses) may choose to demand a recount before appointing electors. To build the case for doing so, it may hold hearings into the allegations of fraud so as to help the voters of the state understand how flagrantly their votes were mishandled.

Already, the leader of the State Senate in Pennsylvania and the Speaker of the State Assembly have held a press conference announcing their intention to "audit" the vote counting process.

So, as the great Yogi Berra said, "It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings."

She has not

@CourtJester
I understand. I know that’s a possibility.

But relief is relief, even if delusional and short-lived. And Democrats are starved for a taste of relief. So I won’t begrudge you your hopes, because you could be right. But we will continue to enjoy our own moment of hope for as long as it lasts.

We will all live with whatever happens.

Celebrating in my mind, doing electioneering aftermath online, staying on top of everything and also trying to convince a friend to turn herself in after she missed a court date. Her case seemed simple but is a bit beyond me, so she has to learn to take advice and just go with it now. This is also what our country needs to do because half of us still think that Trump won.

The fight to a confirmation on Biden will continue as half of us think voting went on after November 3rd, but that did not happen. There was then a deadline set for delivery of votes while the Post Office played an orchestrated part by design to sabotage delivery. Next came a time line for vote counting when there is none. More confusion still. Trump again wants to count and throw out votes in areas where he did not win and ultimately wants to take this all to the Supreme Court to decide him as the winner when he did not get the electoral votes that would make that possible.

Yes, there should be dancing in the streets but we have a long way to go yet and we should fear what might happen. In my mind this all depends on what credibility media gives to Donald Trump and his claims which have no evidence.

I was sharing this yesterday. I listened to a lot of the Motown and Philly Sound growing up on the New Jersey side of the Delaware about 30 miles NE from Philadelphia.
There's also this:

Near Trenton?

@barjoe I grew up in a little development called Edgewater Park and it is half way between Trenton and Camden, just south of Burlington. I went to Burlington City High School.

@barjoe I see you are in Philadelphia. My dad was born, raised and worked in Philly. His sister married a Philly cop and his son my cousin was a Philadelphia police detective.

@silverotter11 RT 130 just above Cinnaminson near Willingboro.

@barjoe Know it well.

I've been celebrating by doing my "happy dance" all over the house. 😀

Covid

SCal Level 7 Nov 8, 2020

Very apt...!

and they danced all night

So great to see the enthusiasm. Such a great voter turn out. The rumor of democracy’s demise was premature!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:550746
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.