Agnostic.com

5 9

Hey folks. Been a while since I posted anything...hope you all are well.

I recently got into a conversation with my best friend who happens to be lay minister for a christian based faith. I had been intermittently posting my opinion about religion/dogma- (absolutely nothing to do with her)—mostly the conservative narrow minded type- on fbk. She privately texted me expressing how these kind of bothered her as she felt it generalizes and she had worked hard to reach her goals, and to keep in mind that my bestie is a minister. While I totally understand her position, I was in turn hurt that she might actually think I would think less of her and her journey. So basically, imma just unload my opinion here from now on where I know it’s more readily understood. Definitely glad I have this venue to vent amongst fellow non-believers.

So yes it’s been a bit since I’ve posted. Married life with the man I met from this site has been wonderful. We’ve taken on a new hobby:

Let’s Make It Vegan with Chef Fred channel on YouTube. It’s still a fairly new venture and we’re learning so much all the time. Just thought I’d share in case there’s an interest (also don’t know if I can plug this in a post)...

Stay safe. And thanks for reading.

MyLiege 7 Nov 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's nice if you get along with religious people but I limit that experience as much as I can. Good to be vegan but I need a little meat myself.

You just have to talk and talk to her about how you feel being her friend and that religion should not come between you no matter what. She is not more entitled than you are, even though religious nutters seem to think so most of the time.

Nice to hear that people return, but sorry the videos don't work, not in the UK anyway.

@Fernapple The videos don’t work as in a technical issue?

@MyLiege That's right, just blank.

@Fernapple ah ok. If you have access to YouTube, you can type in the search area- Let’s Make It Vegan with Chef Fred
Sorry that it’s not cooperating here.

So good to hear from you again, you've been missed.
Glad things are going well.

As far as your friend goes, I think she needs to keep in mind that you don't believe the same stuff she does.
What you do in relation to your friendship is entirely up to you.

In other words ... You do you and I do me.

@KKGator yeah that’s always a fine line to walk. However, we’ve been able to not have conversations about religion because we just skirt the subject or at least I either tolerate a little of it or change the subject. I don’t allow it to become an uncomfortable situation because ultimately they have their belief and I have mine. I’m not having the outlook of trying to change a belief. That happens with their own journey. Not up to me. But if/when my opinion is asked or questioned, I will and have informed where I stand. Thanks 😊

Hi. Never chatted with you. Nice that you get along with religious people. I hope you get along well with carnivores. 😃 🍖

Ugh carnivores are a different subject 😂

@MyLiege how about omnivores?😎

@Canndue Meh, I think they should pick a food type, the correct one. 🙃

@MyLiege lots of meat not too fond of fish except tuna in the can and fish and chips. Like shellfish tho.

@MyLiege nah love good meant, love good veggie dish, what’s not t love

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:552488
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.