Agnostic.com

6 7

LINK Christian Business in Alabama Refuses to Print LGBTQ-Themed Student Magazine | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

The University of South Alabama publishes a student-led magazine called “Due South,” and the latest issue was all about diversity and inclusion. It even included a story about drag culture in the city of Mobile, which I’m guess isn’t a topic that gets much attention from mainstream media. So more power to the students.

The Due South staff submitted the issue to a company called Interstate Printing — along with the $5,000 printing fee — expecting them to send back hard copies of the publication, as they’ve done for the past few years.

That’s not what happened.

This time, the company’s owners sent back a letter saying they wouldn’t publish the magazine “after reviewing the subject matter.” Apparently, it went against their Christian values… which I can only assume includes learning.

snytiger6 9 Nov 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Find another printer even if they are out of state. Problem solved.

Make sure all the schools in the state do the same and problem is really solved when that printer goes out of business....

Alabama in one picture....

Ah yes. Alabama. The rectum of the country

*unwiped and unwashed rectum

@AtheistInNC well if they wipe it there goes Kentucky and if they wash it there goes Oklahoma lol

So the arrogant bastards see fit to act as censor and guardians of (im)morality. They deserve to go bankrupt.

That's okay. Take your business where it is appreciated, and let everyone know what has happened so they may stop using that business.

"which I can only assume includes learning" ... which I can only assume they are incapable of.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:552959
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.