Agnostic.com

53 5

Is touch important?

How important is touch for you?

ladyinred1967 5 Apr 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

53 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Don't even try it. I don't know where you've been.

Hugging universally could restore our nurturing species and abate violent outbursts by undeserving people....Head Start teaches all students to hug one another but the violence begins in school sports if not at home from violent families....religions sexually mutilate baby boys and young girls by the millions each year.. .we Atheists should set a better example than the xians with their tampon terrorism murdering gynecologists.....John&Yoko did

Reiki claims to heal without touch but it is so close to skin or clothes most patients feel the healing heat....it is impossible to get pregnant without touch....even an A.I. syringe is touching a vagina and cervix

Yes

Very. But it all depends on who's doing the touching and why.

Very important indeed. I’m the cuddling, handholding, spooning type of boyfriend. It’s good for mental and physical health and it makes me smile. So I now have a very big wrap-around pillow which is a very satisfying second best thing.

It is the end all, be all.

Most of the time, I hate people touching me without asking. If I touch someone first, then I feel okay. IDK I have always felt that way?

Absolutely.

Quite important. It can be healing, communicative, loving, and fun.

Gohan Level 7 Apr 11, 2018

of course it is important, like our other senses it is a value aid to survival.
Also like our other senses it can be a source for the perception of great beauty and comfort.

Yes, by any woman that I am romantically involved with. Aside from that, this introvert keeps to himself. Touch does not automatically mean sex either, and the simple pleasures in life are laying wrapped-up in the arms of that special someone.

Can tell I'm getting older. In my twenties it was all about the screwing part, and now I look more forward to the after sex cuddling. As the rock band U2 once put it... to touch is to heal, to hurt is to steal.

I am not certain but I think that touch is probably a sense that we use second only to sight in frequency. We touch a chair, a table the hand of someone close to us and there are numerous ways in which we use our sense of touch. Yes, it is very important and not being able to hug someone close to you because of the global coronavirus pandemic has served to focus our attention on the lack of touch in our daily lives.

Extremely important. I love the closeness.

As a touch typist I speak to my world and think through my fingers to my eyes and mind @ 65 wpm.... I could not heal myself or my loved ones without TOUCH ...both a great woman and a man band sing touch&mornings.... I joined this site over 2 years ago reaching out NOT like Diamond for love to hold me in lifelong care....teaching and learning love even unto eyelashes I will touch

Most mammals depend upon touch with the co-species.... depriving primates of touch causes extreme stress and personality disorder

More than most realize. Lack of touch is akin to lack of a certain nutrient and your skin actually becomes 'touch-hungry'. Touch is also an important form of communication that we do almost instinctively but has become much less common in our society.

I love touch. Long lingering hugs, hands exploring her back and depending on her mood, more.

Touch is important to everyone. You know that when parts of your body (like your feet) start losing the ability to correctly feel touch.If you are single and find that you sleep with your arms wrapped around yourself your mind is sending you a message.

It is very important to me. But I only do ethical groping... give and take.

Love Touch!
Great part of the human experience! ?

To me touching is needed for connecting to other people. super important in personal rerlationship.

Have not held a woman's hand since 2013 wonder what it feels like anymore?

I'm not a natural hugger meaning I don't initiate except in a romantic context. I go to some art workshops where the men hug each other and I'm like, OK, that's nice, let's move on. Ha ha. But I'm not offended or creeped out. They're huggers and I'm not so I don't get weird. Caught off guard maybe, but so what!

Depends on what you want to touch.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55360
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.