Agnostic.com

79 6

Do you collect anything?

I collect porcelain dolls and money from all ages and around the world. My son collects baseball cards and comics. What do you enjoy collecting?

ashortbeauty 8 Apr 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

79 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Once (super) expensive computer equipment that now fits in the categories of either 1) paperweight or 2) Artwork 😀...

I collect glass paperweights--I got my first one about 50 years ago. No idea how many I have. Some are simple & inexpensive & a few are signed art pieces. They are in all different styles too.

Carin Level 8 Oct 19, 2018

Only the memories of what I used to have. When I found out I was going to have a niece I gave every thing to her.

Movies. Books.

Gund stuffed animals. i like to squeeze them.

g

Human skin. Wanna help me get this sofa in my van? ?

I collect fifty pence pieces that are interesting editions - I also collect small weird objects as I make outdoor mobiles and it is amazing what you pick up on the beach or in the park or in the street - I use small pieces of driftwood.

Gemstones

My collections; good name for a poem!
Think I'll write one, 'till then I'll add this to my collection of ideas that fills the blank and begging pages of notebooks, being offered like 'hard drugs' to the unsuspecting ruminator!

I collect bananas. Since I was 18yo.
such a problem being what to do with them!?
They do have good points; neither large nor heavy and easily stored!
I have bananas from many places and countries, as I request (place an order) for them from my acquaintances who travel.
Still, what to do?

At times they languished in drawers, becoming disheveled on occasion.
I'd box them and find that special closet corner, reserved for 'unplanned surprises' during spring cleaning.

Finally, an epiphany! Form meets function!
I now carry a different one everyday, matching my clothes or the season or my attitude.
They serve as an icebreaker, a show and tell and hey, a handkerchief for my glasses (tissues scratch my lenses).
Let's not forget the occasional sneeze!
(I have about 400. Bananas that is, sneezes would number in the thousands I would guess!)

My other collections will have to wait, going to work.

Grazer Level 4 June 26, 2018

By far the most interesting reply 🙂

@ashortbeauty Have never been anyones' most interesting reply before! ?

It's BANDANAS by the way, not bananas!

Autofil got me!

@Grazer much less interesting now ?

Religious iconic symbols...Madonna with child, crosses, hearts...Kinderegg toys...lol

Does collecting student loan and medical debt count? If it was art, I'd have enough of that the fill the Louvre in Paris, the State Hemitage Museum in St. Petersburg, the National Museum of China in Beijing and the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City.

Aww lol

My collections; what a great idea for a poem!
Think I'll write one.

Grazer Level 4 June 26, 2018

I collect awful men. I certainly don’t enjoy it at all. It’s a mystery.

Livia Level 6 June 23, 2018

This was my “match” on OK Cupid

Needless to say, I didn’t respond.

Your collection is incomplete....

@Livia I would not give that guy my info, but I might respond with WTF.....Why?

@IamNobody made me chuckle!

@Livia hats off to you, that was the intent...

UHD, Blu Ray, and 3d dvds to feed my movie theatre (profile photo)

I sadly also gather (mostly as needed) tools, glass (telescope blanks and stained), electronic, mechanical, etc. parts. I have way to many hobbies that each demand stuff. For example: water pump on Honda Accord failed so I decided to fix it myself. The junk tools I had were not sufficient so now I have a high-end air impact wrench, compressor, a few special tools for that job and very good wrench sets (Craftsman junk just didn't cut it). Think I'll have to rummage sale the cheap tools as I have dozens of cheap sockets and wrenches that take more space they they are worth.

Oh yeah, every item has a story

I sure do! I collect rocks and fossils, books, houseplants, and cats! lol

Beer steins.

RichE Level 5 Apr 24, 2018

Steins or Stains ? ??

I hunt for and collect stone tools. I also collect maritime antiques and early Americana miitary stuff. And while I feel that I don't collect books, dayum! I have over 1,000 history books on a variety of subjects.

.....aoh yeah, I don't collect Voo Doo dolls, I have a few old ones and I'm not afraid to use them!

Molecules, Sometimes whole sets of them. I try to get rid of stuff from time to time.

vintage clothing and bric a brac. cool electronic equipment. lps, of course. biker ephemera from the 60s and 70s. ooh, and cool big old books with lots of dated graphics. yummy!!

Collection should have a purpose.

True. Do you have a purposeful collection?

@ashortbeauty Nah, once I realized that there is no blurred line between collecting and hoarding... I don't do but admire those that find the purpose and enjoy the pleasure of Nostalgia. I know is a beautiful feeling. Picking up memories been enough for me. Easy to carry and store.

@GipsyOfNewSpain love your answer! I don’t really collect anything but everything that matters is in my mind and heart.

@Livia Yep, if there is an afterlife it is all we taking with us.

I collect books, rocks and fossils, crescent moons, although I have a lot of different moon phases, and art. I love to have artworks hanging on every wall. I have quite a bit of works from local artists from different places that I have lived. Much of my artwork has a moon somewhere in it. I also have a lot of old family photos that I have framed. I have some antiques too. Some family heirlooms and some I found in some corner of a shop. I am definately not a minimalist. My daughter and son in law joke that when I die, they are going to turn my house into a museum.

The wise woman's museum. Has a ring to
it 😉

The wise woman's museum. Has a ring to
it 😉

Aches and pains when the weather changes? I've collected many things but in the last few years I've decluttered and become a minimalist.

I feel ya on the aches and pains.
Kudos on minimizing

@ashortbeauty only took three years to start implementing...not that I procrastinate much..., not me! 🙂

Antique and vintage synthesizers.And a wonderful collection of vinyl records and vintage music items.....joy!

Coming to think about it... I got a Great Collection of Memories!

@rakuman yeah, but sometimes the only witness that can validate the adventure passes away, that's life at times we lose friends faster we can make new ones. But we move on with our collection of memorable good times.

@rakuman And shall not forget my version and her version of the same memory is not the same version.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55373
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.