Agnostic.com

8 14

I am on my last leg of my journey to Ukiah California. After staying last night with Pam a.k.a. Lucy Lu hoo, I left this morning around 9 AM and should get to Ukiah by around 5 PM. I had a very nice evening visiting with Pam and her guy John who were some of the best host and hostesses ever! Thank you Pam and John for an especially lovely evening and meal.

Redheadedgammy 9 Nov 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We had fun because Redhead Rhonda is such a fun person....and....I liked her dogs, too!

Oh Pam, you are the best hostess ever! My dogs loved you and your guy John! I did too! It was so great meeting you in person, and our morning walk was so nice!

Great! Hope the rest of the trip is as good as this part was

It was a great trip. I only had one detour due to an accident on the 510 highway, and my GPS re-routed me around that. It added another 15 minutes to my trip, but that was better than sitting in traffic till the wreck was cleared!

Awesomeness!!

Very nice. I met Pam at the San Francisco FFRF convention. Amazing in that that clock behind her is exactly like one I have. Purchased it in Germany in the early 70's. It does not wind but has two large brass weights. I am told it is rare.

Hi, Jack!

Mine's a standing grandfather clock....made in the early '60s. I love it for very sentimental reasons.

@LucyLoohoo Interesting. I could not see the base but did note a tiny addition of some parts on the main clock. The name is Haid (I think - it's hard to read) and it came from a factory in Germany that had experienced a fire. My aunt bought it for 100DM (about $25) in 71' and sold it to me for that same price. Years later I took it in for servicing and was told it was worth a lot more that I paid for it. The last time a part broke and the repair was some $400. I told the repairman I only paid $25 for it and he said the weighted mechanism is rare and it was worth some $1,200. That was some 15 years ago. I don't keep it running as they can only run for so long before certain parts wear out but I do 'fire it up' for special occasions. Have had this clock longer than any other item so is also a sentimental piece.

I love when some of us from this site actually meet and hangout! Happy you all had a good time!

I had one visitor from the site. It was not so pleasant and turned out to be a visitor from hell.

@JackPedigo Sorry to hear that, I have been lucky, all the one's I have met from this site were cool, all of them!

@MichelleGar1 I am a member of an international travel group Servas, Int'l. [servas.org] One can be a host and/or traveler and we have done both. When my partner was alive and even now there have been many travelers and all have been great (one summer we had 7 guests from Germany, Korea, Amsterdam, Ecuador and Sonoma Ca.). In fact, during my time with my 'visitor from hell,' I received an elderly couple from Portland along with their well behaved (she was) cat. They basically decided to not own or rent a home but just travel in their new Subaru around the area and either camp out or stay with Servas hosts (it is a big organization). I have a large loft area with a queen bed and they stayed there. They were then headed to Victoria BC and north along Vancouver Island and East across Canada. After the pandemic hit I did get a message from them asking if I had room but I did not (but now wish I had accepted). They came in the nick of time and helped me relieve some of the tension.

@JackPedigo That's so cool, you get to meet people from different places and hear their stories. Sounds like a good and fun group to belong to. That's awesome that they were able to help you out and relive your tension, they sound like good people. I hope the person who was a visitor from hell finds a way to see what they did wrong or reach out to talk to you and hopefully either apologize or make some kind of amends.

Great photo....hugs & kisses to both of you! Glad the weather is good and that you’re able to break that long journey with Agnostics friends. I feel like a total outcast over here on the other side of the ocean! Keep driving carefully till you get to your sister’s place. πŸ€—πŸ₯°β€οΈ

I made it last evening around 5:30 pm. I was so tired, I had some hot tea, talked with my sister for a bit then went to bed at 8:00 pm! They only have a wood stove for heat in this house so it’s very cold in the bedroom! I put on my warmest PJ’s and still had to wear my hoodie over them to be warm enough to sleep. Needless to say I am buying some space heaters today! πŸ₯Ά It’s 36 degrees this morning!

Oh man ! Two of my fav humans on this site , man , I am jealous πŸ™

Pam and I were talking last night and this morning about all of her travels and how she used to get together with other women to travel. We should all look into that at some point when this virus thing is over with, and see if we can get a group together and travel somewhere together and just have fun.

@Redheadedgammy I am in . As long as u ladies don’t mind a heavy Italian / greek accent , I AM IN ! Hey , I can be valuable in any emergency , and I can get us out of most potential troubles too ! For real . β€œ me no speak englesse β€œ has worked for 25 yrs and still alive !!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚if needed 🀑🀑🀑

@Redheadedgammy, @Pralina1 My late partner and I belonged to an international travel group [servas.org] Before we joined that group we found out about another group of which you might be interested: [solotravelerworld.com]

I'd join in!

@Redheadedgammy Sounds like the beginning of a coven. (Joke)

Thanks, Sweets! If you're ever in the neighborhood....

Me too....

@Pralina1 You would be an asset to a ladies traveling group Pralina! We could all have a great time together I am sure!!😘

Safe travels!

So far the trip has been wonderful great weather the whole way. Much cooler here than Texas though, LOL. I’m not complaining though that’s why I wanted to move back here because of the nice weather, And to help my sister.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:554177
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.