Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK Giuliani Admits in Court He is Not Alleging Fraud - Free Speech TV

Rudy Giuliani has been going all over television over the past two weeks claiming that the 2020 election was stolen from Donald Trump with massive widespread voter fraud. Now, Giuliani is serving as Trump’s actual lawyer, not just a TV lawyer. Giuliani appeared this week in federal court as an attorney for the first time in twenty-eight years. The problem for Rudy is that he cannot get away with spewing nonstop lies in front of a judge in court like he can on Fox News or Newsmax. In fact, the judge directly asked Giuliani if he was alleging voter fraud in court. To which, he responded, “no, your honor, we are not,” but that it’s a “fraudulent process.”

snytiger6 9 Nov 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

(includes David Pakman)

[mediabiasfactcheck.com]

The fact that someone's sources is left leaning doesn't mean the story is false. It's a true story.

@barjoe I didn't/don't claim the story is false. I claim some source(s) are less reliable/credible than others which, IMO, should be favored by Critical Thinkers. If not aware of other media bias checkers (I'm aware of Snopes, factcheck, etc).

@FearlessFly I guess your point is a left leaning outlet would always look to be be critical of Rudy Giuliani. Well this time, they're right.

@barjoe Virtually all media has l/r bias. The issue, IMO, is their journalism.

@FearlessFly I completely agree. Good journalists on both sides of the fence. If someone posts misinformation, that's yellow journalism no matter which way they lean.

@barjoe I would argue that it is not just journalists (individuals or article), but overall pattern(s) of reporting (or mis-reporting). I think mediabiasfactcheck does a reasonable job of this. I would hope and advocate for more entities doing it also.

@FearlessFly Don't argue because I agree but isn't that up to the reader? You can't govern that. Left leaning readers and viewers tend to site left leaning news outlets. Right wingers seek right leaning news outlets. I try to check out both and I vet the best I can as to what's factual. Even then, it goes to what or who I believe.

@barjoe "up to the reader" A significant percentage of folks (even on this site) get most all of their 'news' from FB or YT, not bothering to check whether the source is reliable/credible especially when the source(s)/article(s) meet their confirmation bias.

"The fact that someone's sources is left leaning doesn't mean the story is false"
That a source gets some things right doesn't make them overall reliable/credible.

IMO, the best (only? ) way to counter claims of 'fake news' is to have an independent (as far as that is possible) "media bias fact checker".

I used to advocate for : [newsguardtech.com] but they now require subscriptions.

@FearlessFly I agree with you. You fact check individual stories by vetting them. You evaluate the credibility of news sources by their record of accuracy. You determine their agenda by whether they're left, center or right. This is 1 have used. [allsides.com]

He can say what he wants at a press conference in front of a landscaping place in Northeast Philly., or with sweaty bald spray running down his face. In court, under oath, he can get sanctioned on his law license and/or charged with perjury.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:554446
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.