Agnostic.com

7 9

Donald Trump has signaled that he knows he has lost the election.

His latest moves to pull troops out of Afghanistan, which will make foreign policy there almost impossible, clearly demonstrate that he has no intention of being around for another four years.

His complete lack of a plan to distribute a COVID vaccine is not at all consistent with a leader who would have that responsibility.

Trump has lost and he knows it. For those who argue, “But the fraud and the court cases…”, the fraud is that Trump has conned you into believing the lie about election fraud. The head of the DHS task force in charge of election security got fired for telling the truth; this was the most secure election America has ever had.

So, if he is not planning on staying, what are the court cases about? The glib answer would be, “About ten minutes long before the judge laughs them out of court.” That answer actually carries a great deal of truth. The cases are being filed by inexpensive second-rate attorneys, with no hope of spending any time at trial. On average they are costing less than $5,000 each. Meanwhile, Trump is using them to fleece his followers of millions of dollars donated to the legal fund. Unlike campaign funds, with their strict limits on where the money goes, any unused money in a legal fund can (and very probably will) go directly into the pocket of Don the Con. The man is showing his true colors to anyone willing to put down the orange Kool-Aide and take an honest look.

He is also showing his true colors by refusing to concede, stirring up the mess in Afghanistan, failing to prepare for vaccine distribution, and letting his sycophant Emily Murphy refuse to let the Biden transition team do their job. If Trump gave a damn, hell, if he even cared a gnat’s ass about the people of this country, he would be doing what every other President has done and work with the incoming administration for a smooth transfer of power. Instead, he is acting like a petulant two year old because Donnie got his feelings hurt.

There is no excuse for the way Donald Trump is acting. Nor is there any excuse for anyone who considers their self to be a patriotic American to even countenance such behavior, much less enable the temper tantrum throwing man-child.

mcgeo52 8 Nov 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And this is ample proof of why he should be held accountable. If Biden decides to look the other way because this is 'bad for Democracy" many will be totally furious. What's bad to the point of destructive for democracy is some major scofflaw like tRump getting away with shredding the system under which we all must live. Not only a message but actions need to be taken to prevent this sort of thing from ever happening again. We need to sic big fangs on any legislators, especially the president, if they fail to uphold their oath!!!

If mcconnell keeps control of the senate there will be only so much Biden will be able to get done. Sadly he may have to go with a pardon BUT only if there is a solid (and I do mean SOLID) commitment from Cyrus Vance that NY will go after prosecution of trump and his family. What Biden may be able to do is go after some of the people that helped trump, toady barr comes to mind. Maybe get some form of the Fairness Doctrine reinstituted for one thing.

@silverotter11 Looking the other way is one thing but a pardon is unpardonable. Again, we have the example of Ford and Nixon. Even Nixon was an extreme lightweight next to tRump. Even Nixon did not leave thousands of deaths and countless suffering and a system laid waste in his wake. Extreme actions require extreme responses. There has to be actions that show NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW.
Funny how the Republicans are the instigators of all the deceit and corruption in the US political system. Absolutely the Fairness doctrine must be reinstated but as you said what about Moscow Mitch?

@JackPedigo Would trump even except a pardon? You have to admit guilt to accept a pardon. I agree extreme actions require a response, I'm not sure how extreme. Certainly I personally would like to see trump and several of his supporters (jared and ivanka come to mind) on death row for their rolls in the non response to the pandemic. and I'm actually against the death penalty but for trump I'd make an exception.

@silverotter11 Interesting how those against capital punishment are wiling to look the other way for certain people. As to the question of leaving Afghanistan I looked up nationalities fighting in the country. [rferl.org] So pulling troops does not end the war but it does screw the other countries that are supposed to be our allies. I do think by the time all the paperwork and procedures are done to remove the troops he will be gone and Biden can rescind the order.

Trump's behavior has not been consistent with the responsibilities of his office, period, from the beginning of his time in office. His approach to the economy was "do my plan, and if the GDP goes to hell in 6 months, we can reverse it." He has always been resistant to taking advice from anyone with any subject expertise, stating outright multiple times that he "knows more than anyone". He takes his own opinions as the final word, and the more reality pushes back, the more he doubles down. This is not the behavior of a responsible leader.

Now we see even more clearly why he has declared bankruptcy 6 times. It wasn't "smart business", as Trump would have us believe. It was because he has no skills as an executive beyond self-promotion and bailing himself out of the jams he gets himself into. He is finally in one jam he can't get out of.

Let's hope he signals he's gonna die from covid real soon. He needs the worst case of it possible 😀

And if he or any in his 'family' get it they should get the same treatment as the average citizen. Maybe doctors need to reexamine their oath and see that harm extends to others outside of the patient.

@JackPedigo Jr has it.

@freeofgod I know that's why I made the comment.Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be shared by all the family members.

I hope you posted this to facebook. Either way I need to get my sister to read this.

It's on my timeline.

It’s a shame, let’s hope he doesn’t cause too much harm. But the Afghani withdrawal itself is forcing a massive change, probably against current advice.

trump is going scorched earth as his exit strategy, he intends to harm as many as possible and make as much money as he can by 1/20/2021. IMHO

Why are we in Afghanistan? Are we still trying to put the poppy growers out of business?

The poppy growers were almost completely out of business, thanks to the Taliban, before we went into Afghanistan.

While the official US policy is to oppose the growth and production of drugs in other countries, the policy is mainly there to give the CIA the muscle they need to solidify their control over any given drug in any given country.

@mcgeo52 So America is into world domination, our purpose being to limit the use of drugs by Americans. Our dealing with the causei of our addiction would offend some powerful Americans. Wot? Me cynical?

@mcgeo52 It's almost as if the US government has a stake in American drug addiction. The war on drugs is such a money maker, not quite on par with military manufacturing but they work together. Me cynical? hahahahaha

We're still in Afghanistan largely because we threw away the chance to put the Taliban and Al Qaeda out of business back in 2003, when the Bush administration decided to invade Iraq instead. That invasion became a recruiting drive for Islamic fundamentalism.

We maintain a presence there because, if pressure is not kept on Al Qaeda in their home region, it will become the root of another 9/11. We're still essentially trying to clean up our own mess.

It's not the American government that is profiting from the drugs. It is the CIA. They use the money to fund dark ops.

@mcgeo52 That may be true, and if it is true, then hasn’t the government — at least the executive branch — for decades been consenting to what the CIA is doing? Profit follows.

@yvilletom, since GHW Bush ran the CIA before becoming VP under Reagan, and the Reagan administration used cocaine profits to fund the Contras, it would be ridiculous to argue that the executive branch under Reagan and Bush I didn't consent.

Since Mena, Arkansas was the main transshipment point for the drugs the CIA was bringing in from South America while Bill Clinton was Governor of Arkansas, it would be a real stretch to argue that William Jefferson Clinton was't in on it.

So, short answer? Yes.

I would argue that he Has known, but does not want to go.........too lucrative for him & his family & cronies, and protection from charges of tax evasion, and maybe worse

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:554563
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.