Agnostic.com

5 7

LINK Supreme Court Declines to Take Up Satanists’ Faith-Based Abortion Case | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

This morning, the Supreme Court announced it would not hear a case brought to them by Satanists who were hoping to overturn Missouri’s medically unnecessary abortion laws. There was no explanation offered with the dismissal, as is typical. There simply weren’t enough judges who wanted to hear this case.

snytiger6 9 Nov 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dems need to win the 2 seats in GA. Won't be easy as the right wing has started already with disinformation on polls and the need to "defend" the conservative majority.

This is exactly what is going on there now in yet another recount. We are fighting to defeat the efforts by getting rid of 2 GOP senators and Trumpy is wanting recounts so that Mitch Bitch will remain speaker and defeat anything Biden does. It is a close race and all about Mitch losing power. More can be done if he does.

Wow, all that myst have cost some money. Good on them for making the point though.

Reading the article, I would have to say that the SC could easily not take it since they haven't gone to the 8th circuit yet. And, yes, I read the article and know that the 8th is a problematic group. That said, even the SC liberals don't like ruling until a lower court has said something - right or wrong.

They will just push abortion towards the "back alley" doctors that did it in the past. You can't stop it anymore than you can prevent them from having sex. Let's see where they stand when their belief system fails them.

Sounds like we need to impeach some judges.

If we couldn't even impeach and remove Trump...

@JeffMurray
One can hope the senate is a tie, and then the VP can break it.

@xenoview I mean, have any of the Justices done anything to be impeached over?

@JeffMurray I would imagine the bar for impeachment is pretty high. Some justices at the state level have been removed, but even they had to be proven to be at least half insane.

@JeffMurray The wife of judge Thomas is a lobbyist. He never recused himself from cases involving companies she represented and always voted in favor of the companies his wife represented, and she got bonuses after the case was won. I'd say that is impeachable.

@snytiger6 I agree, let's get him the fuck out!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:555234
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.