Agnostic.com

20 25

Thanksgiving alone, but not lonely.

An extrovert, I love people. For that reason, I am cooking and eating on Thanksgiving alone.

Last night I made and refrigerated a pie crust. This morning, I rolled out the crust and baked my grandmother's pumpkin pie. The secret ingredient is ground mace.

Alas, the buttery crust upset my stomach. Not used to rich food. Instead, I can eat the pumpkin filling (lots of beta carotene) and throw away the crust. Since I'm alone, it won't hurt anyone's feelings. Freedom.

This afternoon, I went for an exhilarating three-mile run in the sunshine along the Columbia River. To their delight, I wished several people "Happy Thanksgiving!" as I ran. I feel grateful for being healthy.

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am also eating alone tonight. My wife is a nurse and knows no holidays. I think I'll get takeout from Cracker Barrel.
Have a safe and joyous holiday.

Making me hungry

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 26, 2020

“Happy Thanksgiving” to all of you from hands across the sea! The pie looks yummy!

Now that really looks good ! 🙂

Glad you had a good day. Happy thanksgiving tomorrow! In the morning I’m cooking an apple pie. My daughter invited me over at the last minute.

You probably realize this, but alone and lonely are very different things. Alone is a matter of fact, but lonely is a state of mind, and state of mind is something we can control.

Mmmm... Pumpkin pie. My second favorite type of cheese...

Living alone in Alaska, where isolation is normal, even with close neighbors I make the best out of my solitude. I will be celebrating our great seafood bounty with grilled sockeye salmon and a big dinner King Crab Louis salad...

I'm alone this year and I wasnt going to cook. I changed my mind last night and decided to get some groceries. Just a simple southern Thanksgiving with candy yams, slow cooked collards (14 hours, yum), potato salad, a ham from a farmer friend and home made yeast rolls.

My son and his GF will be gone. I plan on making homemade carbonara. A special treat that I don't do often. Got some pancetta from the local italian meat market.

@linxminx Basically bacon and eggs on pasta, what's not to like?! 😀

I'm alone, too. It's just another day to me!

Busy day Happy you got your pie made, just eating the centre sounds like being a little kid again lol ,as long as you enjoy it that is what counts That nice run must have been very enjoyable .Will wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving , I may end up doing Christmas like that

We had a partial family Thanksgiving on Saturday. Tomorrow I will be alone, and I have plenty of things to do. On Friday one of the kids will be bringing a meal by, and I will be putting in some overtime at work. And I still have plenty of things to do to keep busy 🙂 I have a quilt to finish and xmas and birthday gifts to make.

It does look good. You are def not alone in celebrating alone. If anything, you, or
really anyone could open up a chat room and we could all just say HI and introduce ourselves and find some nice moments there. 🙂
GOOBLE GOOBLE!!

If you're honoring the day's intent by giving thanks for blessings in your life then that's as powerful alone as at a full table. If not then it's another meal and I don't get the big deal for it.

My T day will be alone without any special cooking. I'm still holding out in ideas of finding a woman I can take to dinner somewhere but I don't know who that would be. What should I do? Maybe go into a couple of fast food places and find a gal sitting alone looking gloomy and say "Hey Tootsy. Wanna out and eat - I'm buying?" Years ago I took a woman to dinner and when she shook up the ketchup the lid came off the bottle. There is always the option of staying home and watching TV.

It looks delicious.

It looks like a pumpkin pie, which are always delicious.

You are not alone. You are with you. And that's pretty great, you know?

"Thanksgiving alone, but not lonely." I am a loner and an introvert. Life is good.

Made enchilada suisse. Recipe that took me five trips to central Mexico to figure out 30 years ago. Like many others, Thanksgiving alone. Bon appetit.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:555848
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.