Agnostic.com

55 9

Have you ever met anybody who actually believed the Earth was 6,000 years old?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

55 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In the town 12 miles from my house these morons have a creationist museum, so yes I have. They are so wacked out on their religion they live in a world of delusion.
Look up Innisfail, Alberta, Canada and a place called Dino's its a museum, restaurant, mini golf amusement park.
The are so wacked out that they have spent at least a Million building this place and probably about half that amount to buy the land.

What?! I'm in Edmonton - I'm going to look that up!

@Jellifish1 If you take the second exit going south on #2 at Innisfail, then take the first left, turn right at the stop sign and then left into the driveway after the houses bingo you are there. You can see the big plastic dinosaur out front and inside you can see them all saddled up for Jesus to ride.

Yes, many.
too many.It is the kids at high school now, so 15 year olds taht scare me. OK< Jo hos usually, but many kids at strict Christian schools are still taught from the bible. That is why the Government should withdraw all funding from religious schools.

I have met a few. They were all Seventh-day Adventist.

My brother is a Nazarene

yes... he thinks dinasaur bones were put there by man recently

I've got family that do.

Absolutely. Me and my entire family. Of course, I grew out of that delusion faster than the rest of my family.

That's because you live in the U.K. Anybody looney enough to believe in literal bible interpretation there emigrates to the U.S. One of them married my sister-in-law!

oh, you're almost definitely right but luckily also everyone thinks I'm strange anyway.

@LeighShelton You're only strange in the best way!

thank you so much @hemingwaykitten

I'm sad to say yes, every damn day! Twice on Sunday. In North Carolina it is impossible not to meet an Evangelical or Fundamentalist Protestant almost every day, and most of them believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible, which is where the 6,000 years dreck comes in.

Not yet! Look forward to it. I think...

You are missing nothing literally that is what is in their heads.

Unfortunatly yes...

I know people I asked them how do you explain dinosaurs bones that are millions of years old.

Did they tell you about the Noah's Ark theme park in Kentucky which shows humans riding dinosaurs? Only recently did it file for bankruptcy.

@hemingwaykitten Too funny.

Ha! I once went out with a guy who looked at me in amazement and said, "Don't tell me you believe in dinosaurs!"
I don't remember exactly what I said, but I do remember I ended the date right after that. Lol

Yes and I found out because they subscribe to “Creation” magazine ?

Tink Level 3 Apr 11, 2018

Worked with two of them!

BillF Level 7 Apr 11, 2018

Yes, real religious "true believers" who totally sold their being to religious dogma.

Yes I live in the south they are everywhere. Florida is infested with them.

Yes, she was an ex-girlfriend.

Gohan Level 7 Apr 11, 2018

yes, my aunts boyfriend. i think its interesting when he tries 2 talk 2 my 15 year old, openly atheist, extremely smart son about it...

Byrd Level 7 Apr 11, 2018

I'm afraid to ask for fear of losing all respect for my religious friends!

dkp93 Level 8 Apr 11, 2018

Too many to count, sadly

My Dad

I sometimes meet them - they always arrive in clumps of two or three. I invite them in to my house, sit them down and offer them a cup of tea. Then, when they are trapped (because they are too polite to leave!) I tie them up with questions about evolution, get them to admit to accepting the speed of light and then ask about the time-scales of distant galaxies, especially if their bible claimsf they were all created 3 days before the creation of man, a mere 6,000 years ago. I'm always very polite, and listen quietly to their answers before politely asking them questions that conflict with their answers. Maybe, (God willing!) I can one day convert one of them - but unfortunately their visits to me are not so frequent nowadays, much to the envy of my neighbours!

Yup. And it's the only time I've left a conversation without an explanation.

Yes, many.

My mother.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55596
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.