Agnostic.com

41 3

Day-drinking....yes or no?

Shiraz, Pinot....hell, even a few shots of cheap vodka during a lunch date or right after breakfast for that matter..

What's so wrong about that?

Back in the 50's, people used to drink and smoke on the job!!

The point is...daydrinking is a taboo in 2018 and it's hilarious as to how uptight we have gotten over the years.

How do you feel about daydrinking?

FinchiMcQ 6 Apr 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fine with it. I never considered it a taboo until my wife's attitudes slowly became apparent. It never was in my home growing up (of course I come from a family of heavy drinkers).

I'm a fan of day-drinking.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with day drinking. I am not a fan of drinking, but I think people should do anything they want as long as it isn't hurting themselves or others.

Yes, bucks fizz on a summer morning with friends after a night out. Lovely. Wine with a woring lunch, not so much, don't like to drink and drive (a computer!). But each to their own, as long as they're not hurting anyone.

When I was at university, once a month or so I'd treat myself to a bottle of good pinot noir or Chateauneuf for breakfast. The way I look at it, it's only if you do it every day that it's a problem 🙂

Jnei Level 8 Apr 13, 2018

It's not taboo round here, you can if you want to. I don't drink much of anything but wouldn't be be bothered by someone who imbibed at lunch time

Who says it's a taboo? I see nothing wrong with it. It's not something I do regularly but there are occasions and I never feel bad or ashamed because of it.

Ben: I have no idea why you're so pissed. You said, 'drinks at 9:30.'

Friend: (Angrily) I meant… P.M.

Not so much anymore, but with the right person, on the right day, I'm game.

I don't drink at all, but used to have half a martini glass of fine wine each evening to relax me-until lines started appearing on my face each time I drank.

But cannabis oil and CBD can relax you without giving you wrinkles, and even cure diseases.

I drink sparingly and only when I'm alone or with somebody. I'm not attracted to it much but enjoy it occasionally.

Key lime pie and a margarita is breakfast in the Keys.

Fishing is a great time no matter time it is.

On a Sunday afternnon with a few friends I will have a couple of beers. I don't do it on a daily basis and I see nothing wrong with it.

ebdb Level 7 Apr 12, 2018

Day, night, dusk, dawn drinking is drinking and that's literally my favourite all day task besides reading and baking

I have no problem with it on occasion. It can be fun. Too much drinking, day or night, is a problem.

It’s not usually my thing, but there’s nothing wrong with it.

Wow... There seems to be a wave of purtitanism gushing forth.

Nothing wrong with that.

No I gave up drinking. I have a tendency to beat the shit out of people when I drink.

Damn!!

Be spontaneous I say.

Hell yeah, screwdrivers! Cheers to you, have a drink whenever, screw taboos!

Depends on the day.

Gohan Level 7 Apr 11, 2018

I day cannabis. I drink in the evening. And more cannabis before sleep.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55620
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.