Agnostic.com

29 8

Are you following people and what do you get out of it?

I'm worried that if I follow the people I agree with that I will end up with the bland greyness that algorithms are starting to provide in our advertising (yes I looked for hiking boots once!). I want to know everyone's thoughts, not just those of people I relate the most to. What do you feel can be gained by following people, apart from finding out you have less in common with them than you initially thought?

girlwithsmiles 8 Apr 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The following part is not something I bother with a whole lot, but I agree with its premise, and understand how some community members here would like to be informed when a particular member does a new post. It's only a creepy thing if you let it be, and I've observed that even most of the trending profiles on this platform do not have loads of follows. I have over 330 followers and counting on another app I had used, and they follow me because they know the topics I post about and look forward to new posts, it doesn't bother me. I don't have near as many on this app, but am grateful for those who are interested in my posts and choose to follow me. If you give it time, you may discover you have more common ground with others than initially thought.

Yes, I got used to it on Wordpress, but this forum is something different. I certainly don't find it creepy, all of my followers seem pretty cool; based on their profiles, I'm just wondering how others look at it. Thank you.

I don't follow people

I have followed a couple of people right off the bat when I joined the site. Mostly out of curiosity. I haven't seen any benefit from it.

You don’t have to worry about advertising here. Not that I have seen anyway. I follow people here that I find post interesting questions statements videos or links. I follow people that I don’t agree with on most things as well. I like to hear different opinions that’s why I drop into the conservative group just to see what they are talking about and get a different perspective. But most of the time they are just bad mouthing us libratards (liberal atheist) and saying we are as bad as Christians. I just scroll through that stuff while trying to see where they are coming from.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55637
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.