Agnostic.com

4 4

LINK Letters From An American 11/29/2020

One story jumped out at me today. The Hill reported that as soon as a Democrat is back in the White House, Republicans intend to retrench and be careful about how the country spends money, although during Trump’s term, even before the pandemic, they spent huge sums without worrying about it.

This is a pattern. Since President Ronald Reagan’s presidency in the 1980s, Republicans have insisted that tax cuts will pay for themselves by stimulating economic growth, thus increasing tax revenues as everyone gets richer. At the same time, they have dramatically increased military spending without ever suggesting a way to pay for it. Then they complain about the debt, and insist that the only way to get our finances back into whack is to cut domestic spending.

HippieChick58 9 Nov 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This article gave me a more specific view of the parties in the United States. Honestly, this is a perfect content and gives me a wordle of knowledge and information about this country.

Hi, I am interested in this topic.wordle online

Do you expect anything different under the "leadership" of McConnell in the Senate? The only answer tis a Democratic majority in the Senate so that we can push Mitch's sorry ass to the side.

What about you, I still won't like this cookie clicker

Trickle down theory was called "voodoo economics" by George HW Bush when he ran against Reagan in the primary 1980. Once he got in office, he endorsed it fully. Typical politician. Thanks for posting the excellent work of Heather Cox Richardson.

Excellent letter. Thought provoking; wordle thank you.

Very impressive letter. Thank you so much. Wordle Unlimited

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:556961
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.