Agnostic.com

10 8

LINK Survey: Americans Are Increasingly Okay With Churches Defying COVID Restrictions | Beth Stoneburner | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

As the coronavirus continues to rage on, more Americans feel comfortable with defying government restrictions on their “freedoms” — particularly when it comes to gathering in church.

The survey comes from researchers Paul A. Djupe (an affiliated scholar with the Public Religion Research Institute) and Ryan P. Burge (of Eastern Illinois University), who asked Americans for their thoughts about the restrictions back in March, then again in October.

snytiger6 9 Nov 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If it’s worth dying for your imagined reality and god, you deserve it.

No skin is falling off my ass.

As I have said many times, let them die, I don't give a fuck if so they choose.

The only problem is before htey die, they will spread it to others.

@snytiger6 since birds of a feather flock together, I still don't give a fuck.

And upon the Mount did Jeebus Chrust say " Blessed be the Undertakers in this Pandemic for they SHALL reap ALL the benefits."

You can lead a theist to reason, but you can't make him/her think.

Yep!

Lemmings to the Covid slaughter.

Oh, well. If they end up dying we know they did not have enough faith.

When it comes to a pandemic, faith is worthless. No matter how much a person has.

Mostly its ones that feel that their attendance has to do with the strength of their faith. Instead of the weakness of their intelligence. They are hopeing their god will weed out the non-believers...are they surprised by the results???......

I'm fucking NOT okay with it.
Not even a little bit.

I know recently I have put this in a number of comments, but religion will be death of us all. I wish the age of enlightenment would begin a little sooner.

100% Agree with that statement. We went from the information age to the age of misinformation and now we seem to be stuck here because everyone is so right and so wrong at the same time; Seems like we forgot that we are all supposed to be Americans and we cannot start killing each other, we will all lose everything. Which is apparently what the anarchists want anyway.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:557032
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.