Agnostic.com

7 2

LINK Covid-19 Vaccine Protocols Reveal That Trials Are Designed To Succeed

Gods damn it!!!!!

I just had a convo with one of my collogues about this. Working in medicine, it will soon be my "choice" (yeah, right) to take the vaccine or not. and I've been skeptical AF over the vaccine, in particular that UNUSUALLY high efficacy rates being reported in an UNUSUALLY short period of development.
When the first 95% came out, I was uber skeptical. Then the two other one's came out and I was like "Ok, maybe this isn't a fluke... maybe this is what happens when you put all the brain power of a WORLD behind an issue".

And now this article pulling the curtains back on what is actually behind those numbers.

If they are cutting corners to get a vaccine out quickly, that portends VERY poorly for the future. I know this from radiation oncology... we can kill ANY cancer in the short term... just blast it with enough radiation! But then we risk further morbidities, which is why efficacy for us is less local control (did we kill the visible tumor?) but tumor regression (will it come back?) and 5 year survival rates.

5 years compared to 5 months

Ugh!!!

I am NOT anti-vaxx by any means.... but I might be willing to make an exception for a vaxx that was shoddily developed!!!!

TheMiddleWay 8 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As I am not in the medical profession, retired and a loner; not having a lot of personal contact is not as bad for me. I'm more frustrated with no gardening, riding my bike outdoors, etc as winter temps set in. Things in the county were not too bad but after mid September there has been a huge amount of community spread especially in the city where I reside.
Almost all in the apartment complex where I live are in the at risk group (55+ low income or those with disabilities - the amount of sugar these people consume is scary) and hopefully will get the vaccine. I am sure the trump supporters won't, getting them to wear the mask and wear it correctly is a problem.
Personally I'm not sure I want to get the vaccine. In April of 2019 I had a very weird upper respiratory infection, many symptoms like what they describe for COVID-19. While the chest x-ray(s)showed no pneumonia the dry cough became mucusy and there was no air movement. A breathing treatment and a z-pak turned me around and I started feeling better. A lung function review in August shows I have COPD and my asthma was now back (no problems for over 16 years). Gut issues flared up badly and food sensitivity rose. 18 months later a daily inhalor works and the gut issues are 95% better or resolved but certain foods may never return to my diet 😟 and I still do not know what the fuck I had in April of 2019.
Thank you for posting the article, I can see your concern. Thanks for letting me rant.

There seems to be no doubt in the minds of many people that the development of an "effective vaccine" has resulted in many corners being cut and of course that is something of a rarity when it is considered that many drug trials usually last years before a drug is released to the public.

In the UK the NHS is enlisting the assistance of celebrities with social media to ensure the uptake of the new vaccine by the general public. That is seen as a form of social engineering by some people whilst others will probably eagerly queue to get vaccinated.

I asked a friend who is a medical doctor if he is looking forward to being vaccinated and his response was "Hmm!".......

I work on covid taskforce first in line

@TheMiddleWay Yet to be determined

I work in a hospital and I will get the vaccine the first fucking nanosecond its available. I haven't seen a single reported side effect that's worse than the permanent lung damage and long term effects of this virus. You wanna wait around? Be my guest. Leaves more for those of us who need it to do our jobs.

I will have to have a reason to take the vaccine and I will be aware of how it is affecting others before I take one.

meanwhile to shed a perhaps more positive smell on the situation.....from word i respect personally and academically working at the cdc. the moderna version is particularly elegant in its approach, but all seemed safe and reliable as far as we can tell so far. AND the reduction in severity is remarkable when the 19 is contracted anyway. be nice. eat your vegetables.

@TheMiddleWay maybe. it it also reasonable to think they got it figured out?

@TheMiddleWay what if it were 7 companies?what if it were 1? how many or how long is required to aleve your concerns? we all have concerns of course. how do they measure against concerns about contracting, spreading the 19? we should know life doesn't offer much in the way of guarantees. Is there anything to be said about advances in tech and the acceleration of vaccine development? especially considering the urgent nature of the pandemic. we are destroying ourselves as fast as we can, and saving ourselves almost as quickly. we're doomed.

Why would the FDA grant an EUA with such 'flimsy' data ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:557586
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.