Agnostic.com

3 1

Eisenhower’s ghost haunts Biden’s foreign policy team
[nationofchange.org]

desertastronomer 7 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wow! Great article. I hadn't yet looked at it from that POV but find it hard to criticize. We know this is not how Biden is going to play it so....damn.

at would happen if we started to disinvest from building large military ships and build larger and smaller hospital ships. These ships could be moored outside cities or areas where a medical need exists. How about instead of building jets that can go and drop bombs all over the world we built planes that could act as hospitals in areas where there are sick people. How about building roads and bridges to keep our cars in better condition. How about putting money into Physics projects, if you think these projects do not pay for them selves think of the Computer, GPS, and Imagining for Cancers and such. Schools could be free and people could be educated instead of told what and how to think. I am sure there could be many people employed in dealing with all the trash and debris on the land and oceans of the world. We could put money into building robots that could be used to get rid of all the mines we have planted, they could also be used to help clean the oceans. I am sure there are lots of things that can be built that do noting but blow stuff up, and spread stuff all over the surface of the Earth. If we need more resources we could build rockets that could go and get anything we need on the asteroids out in the Solar System.

I would agree. Raytheon and General Dynamics are a true internal threat. America seems to thrive on a war time economy. We are so tied to the Military-Industrial complex, getting rid of it could potentially destroy the US economy. It controls a tremendous amount of the budget, either directly or indirectly.

After the Soviet Union dissolved and the Berlin Wall came down the US entered a brief period of pease. Military cutbacks ensued. Multiple bases were closed which meant hardships for economies where the bases were stationed. Politician pork barrels were no longer available. It took only about 5 years for the military to reassert themselves and open up a new war; First Gulf War with Iran. Its a vicious circle.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:557692
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.