Agnostic.com

3 3

I do not know whether, or not, this will be of use, or help, to anyone else, but the hatred stirred up in me as a result of the behaviors of our sick puppy president, while understandable, is not good for me. I am trying to use the following to arrive at a more emotionally distanced response to his outrageous pronouncements:
"It is the only thing we can do, Klass, I see no alternative, each of us must turn inward and destroy in himself all that he thinks he ought to destroy in others.” Etty Hillesum, on her way to her death, at twenty-nine, in Auschwitz. From “The Open Road, The Global Journey of the Fourteenth Dalai Lama., pg. 203.

BirdMan1 8 Dec 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That's a genuinely humane quote, Bird Man. My feeling is...as long as "sick puppies" such as the pustule exist and spread their damage to the rest of us, we can strive for attitudes such as Etty's but we can't expect ''those puppies'' to take her advice.

Yes, you are right, they won't.

If it upsets you, I suggest you don't watch the news every passing moment watch a movie or sports if you're so inclined. I assure you 12/14 EC will elect Biden and he'll be inaugurated 1/20/21. Stay calm. This too shall pass.

I do not watch the news, but I do read about some of the shit he does, like his destruction of the EPA, for instance, which has enraged me, and much more.
Thanks for your concern, though. I am in good shape. I put this in here because I've seen several people claim surprise at the level of intense hate they are finding themselves capable of achieving, in response to Trump.

I believe that justifiable righteous indignation can and should serve good purposes. It stirs us to action to speak out and act out against true evil.

We do have to speak out, as you say, but the hate that Trump engenders is toxic.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:557835
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.