Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK Letters From An American 12/03/2020

Great read!

One of my children asked me once if people living through the Great Depression understood just how bad their era would look to historians. I answered that, on the whole, I thought not. People are focused on what’s in front of them: finding work, feeding their kids, trying to keep it together, making it through the day. It’s only when historians look back to gauge an era that they put the full picture together.

So for those who cannot see it: we are in one of the most profound crises of American history.

HippieChick58 9 Dec 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's sad that there is a lot of fools in this country that don't see that, due to blind alegence and ignorance.

I agree. The people living during the depression were so involved in just trying to get by from day to day that they did not have an historical perspective.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:558053
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.