Agnostic.com

10 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sadly a pipe-dream. If legislation were to be put into place to touch the $600+ billion religion makes a year, they would simply declare themselves a charity and file as such.

If they claimed to be charities, they'd have to actually perform charitable work.

Most charities have to file paperwork as well to show that they are doing what they say they are doing. Currently churches don't have to.

Religion has a right to exist, it does not have the right to a free ride and other privileges

No shit, Sherlock!

Church's are run like a business, so they should be taxed like one.

Really hypocritical. They want public money when their churches need repair and they want say in making rules but please don't ask them to pay for anything. We fought a revolution on the adage taxation without representation and now religious want representation without taxation. Seems a bit greedy and misguided to me.

If you were getting your money for nothing and they wanted some of it wouldn't you be a bit pissed too.
If nothing else tax the real estate their buildings stand on. 🤬

I don't care if they want to attack me.
Nothing will sway me from the fact that churches should pay taxes.
I know how to fight.

Try Germany... there they tax you and give some of the tax to churches!
You have “opt out” and make a declaration that you are not part of a church... else they add church tax to your tax bill!

Hanno Level 4 Dec 8, 2020

It's not difficult to opt out, though. You just indicate "none" for religion, and you're free from church tax.

Well, the way I see it is if they are getting bailout money from the government for the Covid virus relief fund then they should pay taxes, after all that bailout money is our tax dollars they are getting, and since they don't pay taxes they shouldn't get a damn dime.

That is very capitalist of you.

I fully agree!

It's ingrained in them. Religion is the root of all evil

The LOVE of money is the root of all evil as well.

@SeaRay215ex The lack of money is the root of most violent crime. Love of money is greed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:559139
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.