Agnostic.com

11 6

Have you ever done something unprofessional at job? For the very first time, I got into a fight w/ a customer who wasn’t wearing a mask. She was SO RUDE and nasty, I snapped. The 4 months I’ve worked here, self entitled people STILL come into this store w/o wearing masks.

Sometimes I have to wear mine for 8 hours straight at a time, yet people whine and bitch about wearing one shopping in a store for only 30 minutes? No that’s too easy for them.

These two customers, (one guy and one lady), came through my line without masks. The lady before me asked if we’re allowed to tell customers to put a mask on if they’re not wearing one. I told her that at our store, corporate doesn’t really want us doing that... (one word, money). Yet I’m also told that we can tell them to put one on if they don’t give medical reasons (confusing and weird, I know). That lady and the guy she was with did not give us medical reasons. They were rude to me, mainly the lady, and just wanted to bitch.

I told her how I agree that it is so ridiculous. The 2 customers without masks over heard me and that lady talking. The one lady without the mask butted into our conversation and started fighting with us. “Actually, we ARE allowed to not wear masks in this store. It’s our freedom!!”

That’s when me and the lady got into an argument with her. I said that not wearing a mask because it’s your freedom is absolutely ridiculous. Then she proceeded to say that the masks don’t do anything and spewed all this non-sensical conservative anti-science propaganda jibber-ish. The lady told her that she’s a nurse and how disrespectful and unsafe it is to not wear a mask. One of my managers heard everything blow up and actually stuck up for me. The lady without the mask said that it’s different wearing a mask when you’re a surgeon. How?? Then she told my manager that he needs to study science 🤣😂😅 Call us both unprofessional... we technically were, but as human beings, we mess up. Let emotions get the best of us. And this shit has been going on far too long.

The lady without the mask started all this. My customer and I were kindly and peacefully minding OUT OWN business, we were talking with EACH OTHER, and the other lady was rude and butted into our conversation. Yeah I know it’s not right for me as a worker to do something like this, I know and I shouldn’t of done it. My manager also shouldn’t of snapped either. But this is the what?? 100th time I saw someone in the store without a mask when it says right on the door “MASKS ARE REQUIRED.” Not only that, they were rude. When another person says “It’s my freedom,” I’m going to lose my mind. It’s about safety. No wonder why America is one of the worst countries with COVID cases. Especially when the stay at home order was taking place and thousands of people were protesting.

Who knew something as simple as wearing a g*ddam mask would cause such an uproar. If this doesn’t scream stupid, I’m not sure what does.

VeronicaAnn 7 Dec 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wisconsin State Supreme Court overrode Governor Evers guidelines. Justice Kelly was the deciding vote in his last week, he had just been defeated. Philly stores have signs at door including trespass signs. No mask you have to leave, refuse to leave you are guilty of trespass, PPD will arrest you. Freedom? You don't have freedom to trespass. Everyone wears masks. They don't fuck around.

In aussie we just say that we are allowed to set the conditions under which you enter this shop. If you bring in a bag you must present it for search; no bare feet, and no entry without masks. Our property, if you don't follow the rules to enter our property then you can't enter. Easy.

I tell other non-mask wearing customers that are in stores that I'm patronizing,"I wear a mask to protect others I wish you would do the same for me". It doesn't work but at least I feel superior about it.

Glad your manager supported you. Under the current administration, stupid and loud have become the new hero’s. Following rules and being thoughtful are looked down on by the Trumplicans.

Sorry that folks in stores are having to put up with this. The ignorance really bakes my biscuits!!!!

That sounds pretty tame for what me and other co workers went through. I have had mainly male customers, I have told to f myself, f off, flipped off, a marine in regular clothes get my face about it (has medical condition and little mans syndrome), and local patriot get my face while was trying get ask some Amish people to put on a mask(religious freedom excuse). A coworker got worst of it, a state worker threatened to shut us down, (over heard by off duty co worker) a construction worker called her a cunt and wanted to throw a brick at her head. I don't what it's going to take for everyone to do what there suppose to do and don't bitch about it. For those people that told me to f myself, etc., I would love tell them I prefer 5 '3 platinum blondes. Thank goodness that verbal abuse has stopped, but still deal with a few mask holes.

Does Wisconsin have a mask mandate? If so, you are in the right.

@VeronicaAnn so it's not up to you. Your employer's store could be fined.

Americans of the anti mask variety make me think of a gif of a kitten fighting a cactus. The more needles it got the madder it got slapping faster and faster.
These are what everyone around the world calls an ugly American and they deserve that title.

there is just no stupid limit.

Your manager needs to stop people at the door without masks, ask them to wear one, offer them one, if they refuse, refuse them service..

It is our freedom to be as stupid as possible that really helps with this. personally, I would hope that only those who do not use a mask would get sick. Rapture of the ignorant.

Yes, and I immediately felt the repercussions, learned my lesson. Would rather not say what I did as it was just stupid.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:559273
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.