Agnostic.com

33 3

Cartoons!!!

Ok so im only slightly old school. I like a lot of cartoons either from now, or still around now, but I love some older stuff as well. I know im not quite as wisened as some of you, lol, but I do remember thunder cats, captian planet, old school looney toons, transformers, and a bit later, some stuff like beast wars. anyone else have an older or obscure cartoon that takes them back to another time?

Byrd 7 Apr 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mighty Max from the early 1990's, based off of the toys.

Let’s see...
Speed Racer
Spider-Man
Hong Kong Phooey
The Funky Phantom
Magilla Gorilla
Grape Ape
Planet of the Apes

I loved live action. Total 70’s kid!
The Bugaloos
HR Puff N’ Stuff
Lidsville
Sigmund & The Seamonster
Electra Woman & Dyna Girl
Dr. Shrinker
Shazam

So many more!

Anyone else remember the short lived Catoon series Motor Mouse and Auto Cat? Basically it was Tom and Jerry using cars and motorcycles.

There was the clasic road runner of course but does anyone remember " wait till your father comes home? " It was the last (I think) from Hanna Barberra and had this guy next door who looked like Nixon.

Wait till your father gets home was ripped of Mercilessly by both the Simpsons and Family Guy.
From the dad looking like Homer, the Mother sounding like Lois, the Daughter Peg being cloned for Meg, the dopey hippy son and the brainy toddler, even the dog looked like Santa's little helper.
The passing out money joke in the opening was stolen by Married with children.

The next door neighbor was a paramilitary survivalist loonatic called Ralph, whose mad granny (known only as the Sarge) was the best character in the show.
Ralph turned up later as Burt Gummer in the Tremors movies.

Felix the Cat..

One of my favorites was "Pinky and the Brain" which only came out after I was alredy an adult.

I also was surprised when flipping channels in the early 2000's when I watched "Batman" at how mucyh improved the animation was, bu5t was reallyimpressed with how much th eproduction values over all increased with good plots an ccharacter development. It was great writign for a cartoon.

Looking back on the crtoons i watched as a kid, they were entertaiing for their time, but just don't seem to hold up so well, as todays cartoons are far more sophisticated and have much higher production values and much better writing.

Quick Draw McGraw
Huckleberry Hound
The Ant and the AArdvark
Pixie and Dixie
Jinks the Cat

Hmm.....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55943
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.