Agnostic.com

6 4

My daughter is not quite 22. She is a university student, nearing graduation with a bachelor's in lower elementary education. She works in an after-school program with pre-k up to 8th grade students. One of the school office workers is currently in quarantine with her husband, because they went to a work party at his job. One of his employees was positive and said nothing to anyone until the day AFTER the party!
My daughter spent half an hour in the same office with this woman who'd been exposed, but isn't allowed to quarantine herself because it was "only third-hand."
HOW does this make sense???

Notlost 6 Dec 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Update: my youngest (20, f) is a retail clerk, and said she saw this same aunt & uncle in her store YESTERDAY. Yet, the same couple canceled our family Christmas. 🤷♀️🤬

It makes sense to people who have no fucking sense.

The gall of some people. 🤯

It doesn't

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 10, 2020

Well I understand what you said, but my niece had covid and still had meals with the family. None of them seem to have caught it off her, so I suppose they have to have a cut off somewhere.
But yes, before my niece and cousin got it, and their families didn’t, I felt like you.

Here's the thing: we have had it, but back in August. We're no longer immune, and possibly at higher risk.

I think they still don't know enough about it to predict how it travels. You dodged a bullet that time, but you were lucky. I know people who got it and have no idea how... they were barely leaving the house. Other people go out partying every night and don't get sick. It's a crap shoot.

@Notlost mmm yes, that’s concerning then.

@TheoryNumber3 I wouldn’t go anywhere near someone who’s been diagnosed in the past 3 weeks. But people don’t always get tested, do they? We’re in lock down still, I think they’re making some allowances for Christmas, but I won’t be going anywhere.

@girlwithsmiles And there are others who are asymptomatic, and are out there spreading it without even knowing it.

It makes no sense

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:559687
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.