Agnostic.com

3 1

#misanthropy
#philosophy

Somnium 6 Dec 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What are the criteria for "successful?" I do not believe that existentialism flatters us or makes us th center of the universe. It simply says that we exist in a vast universe which we do not control.. Ergo, the quote is inaccurate.

I am happy to be a humanist. "Humans first before everything else, especially imaginary things." But yet have spent my whole life, opposed to a human centric view of the universe, and the idea of human exceptionalism. Is that too complex to carry off ?

I am deeply distrustful of that feel-good BS

Wise. I thought that the quote is generally true, but only with the many exceptions of people who see through the trick. It seems I don't need to prove my point, because along you came.

@Fernapple I will admit I May allow myself to bask in the adulation for a few moments, but then common sense asserts itself & I read the label on the snake oil......

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:560244
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.