Agnostic.com

8 11

This pisses me off. No one would have EVER suggested to a man that he drop "Dr." because it "sounds and feels fraudulent, not to say a touch comic.”

Not to mention, "Forget the small thrill of being Dr. Jill, and settle for the larger thrill of living for the next four years in the best public housing in the world as First Lady Jill Biden.”

In other words, forget your own identity and bask in the reflected glory of your husband.

[yahoo.com]

Gwendolyn2018 9 Dec 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dr. Jill is going to put what was in there before her, to shame and then some. Ol squint eyes as I call her, served no purpose or deserved being called a 1st lady. She was eye candy to the supporters and that was even questionable. Jill has rightfully so earned that title with all due respect and should wear that proudly and with her head held high like anyone should. We all know if a man had that title, this wouldn't even be a topic of discussion right now.

The hatred of women is sickening. The fact is Melania Trump was a nude model and essentially a high-class call girl. They never said anything about that.

I did a rant on this bullshit already so I won't go full on into it again, the earlier comments (like Larimar) dive into that bucket of slop of threats to insecure males. I think my position is clear. She needs to use her title, she earned it.

can't remember where I read it yesterday but he only has an HONORARY DR. Typical threatened male behavior. Thankfully not all are like this.

“The department is aware that a former adjunct lecturer…”. Therein lies the gist of it. Easy to cast stones when one has sour grapes. 🙄

Zster Level 8 Dec 13, 2020

Bullshit keep the Dr she earned it

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 13, 2020

Agreed. And it wouldn't have been said if she was a man.

My father has a Ph.D. in economics. I remember him telling me as a child that it was only appropriate for him to use the title "Dr." in situations in which he was acting in his professional capacity. That was almost 50 years ago, things may have changed or that may have been an opinion not a recognized standard, I don't know. In my field where I received my degrees a Ph.D. is not necessary to practice.

Now that this controversy has arisen, I think it's particularly important that she continue to use "Dr.", and although I agree with the logic of my father's position, as a female role model I also think it is particularly important for her to continue to use it.

Exactly. THAT is the question. Would one ask a man to do the same thing?

It may piss you of even more to know, that in the UK, female doctors keep the name under which they gained their doctorate, and do not change it when married. But then the US is a whole other world.

A female Dr, by any other name would still smell as sweet 🙂

@Gwendolyn2018 I am sure they do, but the point was in the UK it is considered automatic.

@Gwendolyn2018 Thank you. I learned something today.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:560456
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.