Agnostic.com

13 19

LINK A Netflix Show Featuring a Gay Jesus Has Outraged 1.5 Million Christians | David Gee | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Christians are outraged again, and this time, it’s not because their Starbucks cups aren’t Jesus-y enough. It’s because of a Netflix comedy special that depicts Jesus in a same-sex relationship.

At the time of writing, about 1.5 million people have signed a petition in Portuguese calling for the streaming video giant to remove The First Temptation of Christ from the network because it has “seriously offended Christians” by raising the possibility that Jesus is gay.

snytiger6 9 Dec 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I LOVE IT!! Offend away!

Another example of hypocrisy. They feel their freedom of speech allows them to proselytize but others don't dare express anything the christians find offensive.

Yep. Trying to convert them to the Church of Satan can result in a punch on the nose.

@anglophone This cracked me up!

LOL, best NOT toshow them this meme then....LOL

Mmm okay........I’ll show these!!

@SeaRay215ex Watch out. I posted a meme here that was tame compared to yours, and it was removed. I guess it offended some snowflake on this site.

@LisaLisa92806 That’s ok. I don’t care who it offends. They shouldn’t be on here then. If they take it off, ok.

Christians aren't happy unless they are outraged.

OK, if a gay Jesus offends you then do not watch the series.

Good. I love seriously offending xtians.

"Ow, ow, ow! I'm being persecuted again!"

-- Whiny christians everywhere.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

"Ya gotta have a persecution complex if you gonna be a Christian!"

Jesus was alleged to be on intimate terms with 12 other men. Of course he was gay. What is wrong with those numbskulls?

The apostle John, wasn't called "John the beloved" for nothing.

Well, nobody asked them to watch.

The phrase is also on Shameless, I'm sure that offends them, too. I find that show hilarious.

I've been re-watching Shamless on netflix during these short, winter, days.
Or, long winter nights 😉

@freeofgod took me a bit of watching to realize where I'd seen the actress who plays Fiona. She was in Phantom of the Opera with Gerard Butler, she played Christine. Drastic change of pace there!

LMAO!

Boo hoo Waa waa.......So they got offended. Get over it. Move on. It’s no one job to protect you from from feeling “Offended”.

,,,,free though without INTROSPECTION = ignorance.☯️➿♒
I agree ,,,blindly following ( adhering) to a falsehood destroys the critical processes of the individual & humanity . They steadfastly promote such " tripe " and CAPITALIZE it - at
our collective loss.
Thanks

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:560709
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.