Agnostic.com

8 17

The last quilt and an afghan. I dunno how the rest of you keep busy during the pandemic!

And the pics do not do justice to the colors of the quilt.

Gwendolyn2018 9 Dec 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The blue one would look great in my house, just sayin'......

Beautiful, Gwendolyn! You do such good work!

Flat out gorgeous! You have an eye for patterns and color. ❤

I've been working crochet projects - this one in the process of being built - a Snowlady for my Sister as she loves them. It needs to be attached - top to bottom and feet - as well as the nose and branches put on. A scarf will be made - and some baubles added to the hat. I think it's going to be adorable when done. It was way more work than expected. (At least three days of full on crochet time).

I've also got a slew of mask holders for relatives as prezzies - and we've 3D printed some mask nose holders - they help keep the mask in place (and defog glasses). Also for gifts and than the Etsy shop.

Hope to get them in there after the holiday.

BEAUTIFUL quilt and afghan!!! I can't knit anymore but I'm able to crochet....can't figure that out how arthritis works that way but glad you don't have the problem.

Any tips on work gloves etc or braces to wear while working?
This is the first year I'm certain I have arthritis in both thumbs and I'm bracing them at night when I sleep. (It's a misery to be sure).

@Gwendolyn2018 I have tried everything, it's the motion. I am ok with it. I've always done both and I have a plethora or patterns either way.

@Gwendolyn2018, @RavenCT There are plenty on Amazon or at your local pharmacy. They worked for a while for me but no longer. One finger has torqued about 30 degrees.

@Larimar Yeah I already bought one - and had one from when I had carpal tunnel (It holds my thumb still while I sleep to rest it which does the job just fine). I think it's going to be the usual thing of having to buy and try multiple braces until I find something actually comfortable to wear. Though the Mueller brace isn't bad? It doesn't leave enough range of motion to crochet well with it on.
I'm thinking a glove might work better but I don't know what kind to try next?

Beautiful quilt and afghan

Wow, at first glance the first two seem out of focus.

@Gwendolyn2018 Actually, that gives it a 'special' look. I like it a lot.

@Gwendolyn2018 Too bad.

@Gwendolyn2018 Talk about being modest.

@Gwendolyn2018 LOL, I have used that trick many times. Like the swearing Parrots I posted it always gets a laugh. Besides what should we say - aw shucks?

@Gwendolyn2018 I guess some people have no sense of humor. Not a good choice for a partner.

@Gwendolyn2018 For some it takes a while. When people ask how I'm doing I say "terrible." Sometimes there is a double take which is funny. People who know me say, good glad to hear things haven't changed. LOL

@Gwendolyn2018 Interesting, I say that all the time and everybody gets it. Maybe it's our geographical locations but even when I visit my family in Dallass, Texass they get it. Maybe it's a local thing to get a different meaning.

@Gwendolyn2018 Seems we got our messages mixed up. I can see now what you meant by 'excuse me.' When people ask something and I don't get it or can't hear it I say 'excuse me.' Yours is referring back to "how are you?" I think.

@Gwendolyn2018 LOL Yet again evidence that language is not set and different people get different meanings from the same message. The 'excuse me' bit was what I first thought. I have done the same thing in the past when around people I knew. Haven't done it for a while so thanks for reminding me. Will try it again. Funny how snarky people think alike.

Beautiful work!!

Great work

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 15, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:561047
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.