Agnostic.com

4 1

If you think you’re going to be happy and prosperous by sitting back and letting the government take care of you, look at the American Indian.

Thirst2learn 7 Dec 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nearly all of their land was stolen from them. Only small portions of the worst land was left for them. Their way of life was completely shattered. The vast majority of them died in the genocide. They've faced persecution and prejudice right up to the present day. It's really no wonder why they aren't thriving.

Do you really think they are just sitting back and letting the government take care of them? As in, they are in this situation by choice?

You have chosen a horrible example to make your point.

I have had the experience of teaching for about a decade on a reservation. While there, confirmed by decades chatting with friends raised on the res, I can I quickly discovered a rather insidious flavor of evil namely how we (Americans/government) chopped up and paid churches to destroy their culture. I could write a book describing the harm - - - Yesterday a student showed me a photo of his recently deceased (covid) grandparent. In the notes was a tree of number of children, grand children, and great grand children. The number was close to 80. The large number of offspring made me happy. Today while teaching him math I gave an example where he was given a hundred dollars for work and asked him if he did all the work how much money he would have if he was given a hundred dollars. His answer was, "a dollar or two. I would give the rest of the money away to people who need it." This is a core of the traditional value set that was nearly completely destroyed by "Christians" The churches I grew up with would impose you give them a minimum of 10% of the money.

How old are u ?

@Thirst2learn thanks . Your answer to a very simple question is noted and valued appropriately .

A better example would be Wall Street, and their class. The US Government looks after them really well. Always happy and prosperous, no matter what they do. Huh?

They prefer Native American. I got you a hat.

@Thirst2learn Everybody's a communist to you. You're like a 2020 goober bumpkin version of Joe McCarthy.

@Thirst2learn

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:561085
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.