Agnostic.com

3 8

Just a few good words of wisdom.

mistymoon77 9 Dec 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Depends on your memories....

If any of your emotions were non survival oriented we would have evolved out of them. Anger is not bad, it's the first indicator that something is going on with which you are not happy. Fear is not awful, it indicates that you should be cautious in potentially dangerous circumstances. You are a whole creature of which all of your emotions are a part, but allowing any emotion to rule you, anger, fear, lust etc is not healthy. Accept every part of yourself as OK.

I don't agree with you on some of this. Anger is just a reaction to other hidden issues that are not dealt with. Anger is not an emotion. Its about being aware and taking control of things before it controls you.

@mistymoon77 I disagree so much that I don't think there is likely to be a common meeting ground. Eg. You see someone hurt your child, what emotion to you feel? Is this the result of hidden issues? If women hadn't gotten angry you still wouldn't have the vote. If black people hadn't gotten angry at their mistreatment there would be no black lives matter movement. Are these the result of hidden issues? I really don't understand how you could make the point that anger is not an emotion when it so clearly is, and is even evident in other animals. I also make that point that your emotions should not control you.

@Cyklone Its all about how you interpret anger and being that is just a reaction to many other underlying things, it can be controlled if people understood how to do it. Anger gets nothing accomplished. You are comparing a situation dealing with something that is historical in meaning and I am not here to debate political movements. I placed this here in the love and relationships group.. not political.

@mistymoon77 the answer wasn't meant to be political just an example of the constructive use of anger. As I said, we are worlds apart in understanding. I don't believe any emotion is bad, only the way one may choose to express it and expressed correctly anger is very constructive. I suspect though that you may have seen such destructive examples of anger that your feelings about it are very strong. Let's leave it be. I won't follow this up further.

nice

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:561927
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.