Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK Humans are causing life on Earth to vanish | Natural History Museum

Personally, I wonder if human actions will ultimately result in the earth no longer being hospitable for human life. At our current rate I suspect it will only take about 500 more years before humans make humans extinct.

snytiger6 9 Dec 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That's 😥 but true.

If an asteroid doesn't hit us, one of the giant volcanos blows it's top, an even stronger virus comes along, we may just kill ourselves from lack of caring and overpopulation. Unless it's a major extinction event (think dinosaurs), chances are some form of humans will continue to screw things up, but most of us will be long gone before we get to a critical stage.

Neanderthal man roamed the earth for 100K years. Were they less evolutionarily advanced than modern man? We have been here for 40,000 years, Will we be here in 60,000 years? I doubt it.

40K?

Most modern humans have about 3% neanderthal DNA.

@skado I have looked it up and they now think Neanderthal 1st appeared 400K years ago and modern man appeared 200K years ago. We still won't be here in 60K years.

@barjoe

Agreed. I'd be surprised if we are here a hundred years from now, but I'll be gone long before that.

@skado We will probably be here for longer than that. The 500 years mentioned in the post is damn likely.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:562060
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.