Agnostic.com

16 13

We Need A Radio Show. All these conservatives (Beck, Prager, Rush, etc) and no major broadcasts from Non-Biblical minds. I think Atheists, agnostic, and non-biblical people can stand on one platform to compete with conservative Christians.

SocialDarwin 5 Dec 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There are some atheist platforms that speak out against religion and god. The thinking atheist, and the atheist experience.

i do my best to support atheist podcasts like the scathing atheists, cognitive dissonance, the thinking atheist, i think we do have some great people o support already.

Had the pleasure of meeting the scathing atheist and cog diss people. Both awesome shows.

There did used to be liberal talk radio. However, Clear Channel (a monopoly of radio stations), change the liberal talk radio format to sports broadcasting, because as a corporation they didn't care for the liberal message. At the time they did it, it was shortly after Thom Hartmann had rating that beat Rush Limbaugh. I suspect they were scared that liberal talk radio had a growing following. Who'd have guessed that commonsense was commercial....

Have you tried your NPR station? It is hard to rile up people without a lot of fear though and thats what conservative talk radio does.

Compete? Why compete with irrational-thinking people? 🀷

@DBlaine ffrf.org ( freedom from religion foundation ) has a Sunday radio show. Their website tells the names of stations that carry it. If none near you carries the show you can find it on youtube or their podcast. There’s also an atheist talk show in Austin TX I used to view on the web.

The gullible fund the whackos online and on air. Most atheists aren't that gullible, and don't want to fund people telling them things they already know. Who will pay for it?

We need to not so much compete as to match religious bullshit with reason and logic. The religious nuts jobs own the airwaves in much of America. Radio and TV is dominated by their ignorance. It will be extremely expensive to match. We need a bill gates type rich benefactor to make it happen. And a few logic and reason shock jocks🎢

There has to be a rich person out there that is Anti-Biblical!? That would wanta fund a show.

This site is a bit of a pain but their list of Atheist pods is decent!

[blog.feedspot.com]

Thanks for the list

Anyone serious about starting a YouTube channel or Podcast, and needs help starting - contact me.

Mvtt Level 7 Dec 22, 2020

I have a lot of material. I’m working on a book called the Posthuman Manifesto. What I’m not good at is Internet stuff, blogs, etc. I grew up b4 the web. I’m gonna message u one of my short papers

Well I tried to message u but I think the file was too big. Anyway, if u want to email my email is bugmantrey@gmail.com

Have you listened to Seth Andrews on The Thinking Atheist podcast?

@Canndue yes, and the scathing atheist, and cognitive dissonance

It would be wonderful to have one. Although, β€œcompete” makes it sound as if rational and irrational thought are just different viewpoints and equally credible. We should have a radio show to inform people of our views and to extend a hand to all the budding atheists out there scared to so much as doubt for fear of divine retribution.

Yes! Or for fear of mortal retribution from their god-fearing neighbors.

I've so desperately wanted this for years!

I would do a podcast but many agnostics and fellow atheists would probably consider me to far right since I'm a centrist

Im a centrist too. And I podcast.

@Mvtt awesome. I cohost one and produce 2 currently.

I watch atheist programming but why would we want to compete with conservative Christians?

Good point........Better to stand out.

Dude, unfortunately there are a lot of conservative atheists. Even on this site. Don't you see the ridiculously idiotic shit they post in your feed? One of them tried to say people shouldn't have follow Covid restrictions because some people have abortions. Atheist has nothing to do with it: dumb people are dumb people.

Those are trolls. But they’ll be dealt with in the same manner as rubbish.

Yes u may be correct. Thanks for bringing that out

Well Steve is doing his part. Spread the word πŸ™‚

Mvtt Level 7 Dec 21, 2020

We run the news from around the world every other week regarding atheism and religion, and also run several other shows such as Science News, Godsmacked, Atheist Hall of Fame, Science vs. Religion, Atheist Adventurer, and more!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:562588
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.